Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems receiving calls

jstype
Super Duper Contributor
Message 25 of 25

wondered if you could help me.

I have a 99 year of mother who lives alone. I have a WiFi camera in her room so the I can keep and eye on her over the WiFi.

On Friday the camera stopped working as there was a problem with the Wifi, I contacted TalkTalk and they informed me that an engineer was working on her line as it had a problem, we had not been aware of any problem.

After about an hour the Wifi started working again. I checked her telephone connection and it all seemed fine. I later became aware that she could not be contacted by phone the caller would get a ring tone but her phone would not ring.

Yesterday 25 December. I tried to contact TalkTalk technical support by phone but it was closed. Eventually I got through to someone over the WiFi but they were not very helpful.

Could someone help me with this as my mother is 99 and even though she can make calls and the Wifi is working she cannot receive calls and doesn’t understand why she is not getting any calls.

I will send her information when required.

Also a strange thing if I tried to contact TalkTalk support on her phone by dialing 100 I was put through to BT tec support not TalkTalk support.

Thanks for any help you can give me

Regards Jstype

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24

Message 1 of 25

Hello,

Thanks for the PM. I'm sorry to hear this. I've re-escalated/chased this now.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 25

Hi jstype,

Glad to hear that issue is now resolved, apologies for any inconvenience to yourself and your Mother - I've sent you a PM in reply to your PM

Chris

0 Likes

jstype
Super Duper Contributor
Message 3 of 25

I would like to thank Chris from TalkTalk for all his help, the problem was a crossed line at the exchange hopefully everthing is ok now.

I will try to complain about the quality of service from the chat and telphone support, because  without this forum I do not feel the problem would be fixed yet

Regards

jstype

Message 4 of 25

Hi jstype,

I've booked the earliest appointment available, December 31 2021, PM (13:000 - 18:00) - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 25

Hi jstype,

Thanks for answering the security questions, I've sent you a PM requesting a little more information

Chris

0 Likes

jstype
Super Duper Contributor
Message 6 of 25

Yes I am prepared to pay engineer charges. My mother is home 24/7 so the engineer can call anytime. She will not let anyone in the house though.  So the engineer would need to call me 30 minutes before he came so I could let him in

0 Likes

Message 7 of 25

OK thanks. We'll need to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further. If you'd like us to arrange the engineer visit 

can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges

• Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

•  

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details

Chris

0 Likes

jstype
Super Duper Contributor
Message 8 of 25

I have put under My Setting, Personal Information, Private Notes

Thanks

0 Likes

jstype
Super Duper Contributor
Message 9 of 25

My mother is still getting problems and I have added the crossed lin number in personal notes on my profile. Thanks for your help.

Kind reards

jstype

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 10 of 25

Hi jstype,

Apologies for the delay. If you are still experiencing the problem could you add the current telephone number that your Mother has assigned to her line (the crossed line number - this can also be verified by calling 17070 from your Mother's landline, the telephone number assigned to the line will be read back), to the private notes section of your Community profile

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 11 of 25

This sounds very odd, @jstype.

It should be possible to use Chat from any connection, so whether in a shop using less secure wifi or using your own mobile data.

But staff here too would also normally run several tests and get you to check things in situ before sending out an engineer. 

You would also need to accept potential engineering charges before they can send anyone out.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Engineer-charges/ta-p/2207291

Phoning from your own landline or mobile on behalf of your mother should also be a viable method of contacting Talktalk, on the number and during the hours that we have given you above.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

jstype
Super Duper Contributor
Message 12 of 25

I a have tried Chat 5 times and when I am round at her house  and contact them from her wifi I give them two letters of the password, and it It does not work.  and I am told the cannot do anything if they cannot acess her acount.

If I am at home over chat the password does work, but I am told I need to be at her house so they can run line tests. I told them I  would pay for an engineer to come out but they will not send one, until they have done tests in my mother's house. So I am stuck if I am round at here house and stuck if I contact them from my house.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 13 of 25

Ok, but it is Christmas and staff here are not back until Wednesday.

you were informed that Chat was the best option.

Also, now you have raised this as a complaint with the CEOs office, they will allocate a handler to your enquiry.

Also, open complaints with the CEO, will mean staff here will not be able to intercede and help resolve  your issue.

Hope they can help, but their staff too will be on Holiday, so again it will be Wednesday before they pick this up and allocate you a handler.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

jstype
Super Duper Contributor
Message 14 of 25

I have got fed up with waiting and have emailed Tristia Harrison telling her what has happened,  I have given her my mum's telphone number and the one it has been replaced with. It will be intersesting to see the result

0 Likes

jstype
Super Duper Contributor
Message 15 of 25

I have found out the telephone password by following your link. Thanks for all you help it is much appreciated.

Best wishes

jstype

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 16 of 25

Try this page - https://www.talktalk.co.uk/my/accountdetails

If you click on the Telephone Password link an option to send an email reminder is then visible.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).

Message 17 of 25

@jstype there are 2 passwords associated with the named account. The one that is used to sign in with on the web, the other is a security password you set within My Account so that the user can be verified by TalkTalk when phoning you.

Its not used much and people either forget they have set this up, or indeed have never set it.

Sign in, and then find the password area within your profile for the second password and reset it ready for when they phone again

jstype
Super Duper Contributor
Message 18 of 25

I ave been called back by talk talk support CMP-200856 they could not do anything because the password did not work. I know it is the correct password,  first and third letter. There must be a problem at their end. I then got a text saying they would contact me again on the 31 December. It is just not good enough

0 Likes

jstype
Super Duper Contributor
Message 19 of 25

Thanks for your reply. I am pleased I can now ring her, but it has made thinks very difficult and I need to give her friends her new number.  Goodness knows when the number will be changed back. There no reply to her old number it just rings all the time. I need to expedite it as soon as possible.

Thanks for you help I will make a complaint somewhere

Regards

jstype

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 20 of 25

It will absolutely have to be,  @jstype.

The crossed wires mean that both customers could be running up bills relating to the other's number  - if Chat is no help, try phone help, but they are not available on Sundays. 

They are available on 03451720088 from tomorrow morning, 9am.

You also need to get your mum registered for priority fault repairs, through My Account,  here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Registering-your-accessibility-requirements/ta-p/258302...

It may also help in future to have "authority to act". You'd need to complete forms that staff can send you.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Power-of-Attorney-Authority-to-Act/ta-p/2205181

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.