Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Problems with Landline ...Phone completely dead...but still have broadband

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hello

I have had no landline for approximately 8 weeks now. I have been using my mobile so had no need of the phone. It is completely dead to outgoing calls and incoming yet when I ring it from my mobile I receive a message that the phone calls are being screened, but it does not ring out.

I have used the test switch on the box and it is still dead. Even bought new phone thinking this could be the problem. After charging it is exactly the same as my other phone...dead!

Could somebody please look into this for me asap.

Many thanks

Tilly
Highlighted
Community Star

Sorry to hear this, the online support team will gladly look into this for you, make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number are complete on your community profile here so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then give them a day or two to respond.

Highlighted
Chatterbox
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi TillyTrotter

I will look into this for you and get back to you. 

Regards

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @TillyTrotter

We have requested an engineer to go out to the exchange in the next 48 hours. 

We can check the fault ticket on Monday for an update

Regards

Highlighted
Chatterbox
Really appreciate your quick response Arne, many thanks. Hopefully they can sort out the missing dial tone 🙂
Tilly
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Good Morning

BT Openreach were here earlier today and the fault was outside where a cable had been broken. Wish I had realised I could have had this fixed over two months ago by coming on here 🙃

Phone finally working again! Was thinking I had become unpopular with no calls to my home phone!

Thanks for dealing with this so promptly too.

Best Wishes

Tilly
Highlighted