Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 056- numbers and support

tfctt33
Participant
Message 26 of 26

Does anyone know what has happened to calls from TalkTalk to 056- numbers.

They were definitely available until at least a date in January 2021. They were charged as G21 calls. Since then a call to such a number just results in a 'hiss' and nothing else.

Attempts to query this with TalkTalk (by phone and chat) to see if there are any account settings that might allow access, have been met with strange answers and queries from support e.g. :-

They are International numbers.

They don't exist.

Is that a 'home landline', or business landline'?

Attempting to get better than the 'first line' support, asking for 2nd or 3rd line support resulted in 'It doesn't exist.'

Trying to clarify the situation by asking to speak to the support section 'dealing with the routing of telephone calls' resulted in 'I only have TalkTalk on my list/screen'.

Is there really no way to bump up something from the bare bones first line support?

I appreciate that TalkTalk may want to make a bit more money by moving the calls to a higher charging rate as some other companies have done (in my opinion totally unfair, the call goes through the same exchange system as regular numbers and there are no charges requested by the receiving system. ) but do they have to totally 'lose' the 056- number calls?

Hopefully, it is a simple keyboard error somewhere in the TalkTalk universe, but if not, were customers informed of the change; how and when?

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

Message 21 of 26

Hi tfctt33,

Could I just ask how many different numbers you're experiencing this problem with, is it just the one?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 22 of 26

Thank You Chris

0 Likes

Message 23 of 26

Hi tfctt33,

As far as I know nothing has changed but I'll look into it and get back to you

Chris

Message 24 of 26

Thank you for your reply. I don't think the questions that I asked need my personal details for them to be answered.

The questions are :-

"Does anyone know what has happened to calls from TalkTalk to 056- numbers."

and

"Is there really no way to bump up something from the bare bones first line support?"

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 25 of 26

Hi tfctt33,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes