Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Really disappointed over phone boost

7 REPLIES 7
roy5051uk
Popular Poster

Can anyone explain why I have had an email increasing my Calls Boost by £2 per month from January 2020?

I signed an 18 months contract in June 2019 and was led to believe that the contract prices would not increase during the period of the contract.  Now it appears that I am being hit with a £2 per month increase!  The website is unclear as to whether this increase applies to me, as I am still in contract, so I would like some clarification, please.

Roy5051uk

Roy5051uk
Gondola
Community Star

News about our prices explains and gives a note at the bottom regarding fixed price broadband contracts.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

roy5051uk
Popular Poster

To my knowledge, nothing about increasing these charges was included in the original contract, so perhaps you could look into the contract and tell me where these increases are detailed.

Roy5051uk
Gondola
Community Star

In addition to the article I've already given you?

I thought this was clear and sets out what's already in the Terms and Conditions page 6 and what's on the Sales pages under Our Fixed Price Plans:

"Fixed Price Plans refer to Fast Broadband; Faster Fibre, Faster 150 Fibre and Ultra Fibre Optic plans. These Fixed Price Plans will have no price increases on the monthly charges during the minimum contract period (this does not include Boosts or other charges, such as movies, calls or calling features)."

The Boost contract is separate from the Fixed Price Plan contract. It's a 30 day contract only. TalkTalk always give at least 30 days' notice of price changes to Boosts so if that's to the material detriment of the customer you can elect to cancel the Boost without any penalty.

But the Unlimited UK Calls Boost is currently on offer at half price so it's just as well that you can cancel the existing Boost and take up the half price offer if you wish. The half price discount is still honoured when the Boost price rises to £12 from 7 January 2020.

Unlimited UK Calls Boost offer 30Nov2019

roy5051uk
Popular Poster

I must admit, that is the first time I have seen those clauses; it would have been better, at the time of signing the contract, if they had been pointed out.

Let's face it, no-one reads all the "Terms and Conditions", they are too long (these are 17 pages!) and could surely be shortened by highlighting "bullet points" - for example, saying that the Contract price fix only applied to broadband and phone/line rental, and not to added extras.

Never mind, I know now.

Thank you for your help.

Roy5051uk
Gondola
Community Star

...what no comment about Gondola saving you money with the half-price Calls offer by pointing out that Call Boosts aren't tied to the fixed price broadband contract? 

roy5051uk
Popular Poster

Probably because I could not see any way to activate that discount.  I am currently on £2.50 per month discount for 24 months from June 2019.  It does not appear under "Offers and Upgrades" or on "Manage Phone Boosts".

Sorry to upset you.

Roy5051uk
Gondola
Community Star

Hi roy5051uk 

Your MyAccount only shows you the active Call Boosts and their terms and the offers on inactive Call Boosts.

You have to cancel an active Call Boost, wait for that to be confirmed and then add the promotional half price Call Boost.

The safest way to do this, in my opinion, is to sign in to your MyAccount and then LiveChat to the Customer Service agent, say you've seen the Unlimited Call Boost on offer at half price for 12 months https://www.talktalk.co.uk/shop/ and say you'd like that in place of your existing Boost. i.e. let the agent do the cancellation and addition of the Call Boost. You can select a transcript of the LiveChat to be sent to your email address as confirmation.