Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAY CHECK PHONE LINE ALL MY PHNES OFF TODAY

hood128
Enlightened One
Message 10 of 10

i was wondering why no phne calls to my hme today then my sn rang my mobile says he been rining our house number since 5th jan 2022 he says its rings frm him but here we d not hear it ring so looked at phnes they all say check phone line this is second time our service has gne off with tt once agin we were with out phne for 3 weeks in 2021 so id like some ne to help sort this as i cant ring tt on hme phone as says check line

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi hood128,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience, this is currently in hand with Openreach. As explained by other members your loss of telephone service will be covered by Auto compensation

Openreach may be able to resolve the issue without contacting you directly but if they do need to contact you they may contact your mobile and/or visit your home.

Chris

martswain
Philosopher
Message 2 of 10

@hood128  you may get compensation once the fault is fixed, I told you that in post #6.

You'll just have to be patient and wait for Openreach to get round to your fault, it has been escalated by @Chris-TalkTalk on Friday.

0 Likes

hood128
Enlightened One
Message 3 of 10

10/01/2022 still no land line working what happening no one got report on if they are on fixing it how do i go on about money back as im paying for a service but not getting it ????

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 4 of 10

If you have can access My Account, @hood128, take a look at the criteria for priority fault repairs.  You need to register, but, in the long term, it might help you get sorted more quickly if you ever get stuck like this again:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Registering-your-accessibility-requirements/ta-p/258302...

Staff will always do their best to help you as soon as they can.

They will be back on here Monday morning. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 5 of 10

@hood128  you may get compensation when the fault is fixed and the days without service are known.

Put "automatic compensation" in the articles search box at the top of the page for details.

Direct contact could be a call to your mobile or a knock on the door.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

this is shocking its now sunday 09/01/2022 and still no land line working internet is fine ive missed doctors calling me im disabled 83 year old man i need my land line sorting asap im paying for sme thing an not getting it will i be re in bursted for week since my land line dwn i need it sorting plus how is bt open reach going to be able to call me when my land line phones not working ???????

0 Likes

hood128
Enlightened One
Message 7 of 10

this is shocking its now sunday 09/01/2022 and still no land line working internet is fine ive missed doctors calling me im  disabled 83 year old man i need my land line sorting asap im paying for sme thing an not getting it will i be re in bursted for week since my land line dwn i need it sorting plus hw is bt open reach going to be able t call me when my land line phnes not working ???????

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 10

Hi hood128,

Line test is picking up a potential issue so I've raised this to Openreach for investigation. Openreach will investigate and may contact you directly if they need to access your home

Chris

0 Likes

hood128
Enlightened One
Message 9 of 10

day 3 still my phnes say check line ive gt internet but i cant hear any one rining in i cant even ring out ??????

0 Likes