Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

SMS Service Centre Number

9 REPLIES 9
ward0007
Chat Champion

I have a Gigaset S810A telephone set which is able to receive SMS messages.  In the set up it requestsr the Service Centre Number.  I have tried the +447785011324 and it does not seem to operate.  Any thoughts on fixing it?

John

Best regards John
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @ward0007 

The TalkTalk network does not support SMS texts to landline 'phones.

TalkTalk support options are here: Contact us.  Try LiveChat or Messenger on the MyTalkTalk mobile app (8am to 10pm). Text messages only to the LiveChat agents can be sent to 07403 941724 from a mobile 'phone.

Calls to Customer Services on 0345 172 0088 are free from your TalkTalk 'phone (8am to 8pm) with Technical Support 24/7 every day.

For calls to Customer Service agents from a mobile, call 0203 441 5550. (8am to 8pm) When calling TalkTalk the automated phone service will ask for a mobile number if you'd like to continue your call via text message. You'll get a text and you reply with your question and the support team will answer.

Gondola - Community support team

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

ward0007
Chat Champion

Thanks for the information.

Is this a recent change as I have had them previously on the old Gigaset telephone.  The last one I did have, I don't get many - only when people make a mistake and use the landline in place of my mobile - was 02 December 2018.

Thanks.

John

Best regards John
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @ward0007 

The BT network supports SMS texts to landlines and it is possible to receive a voicemail converted from an SMS text if the sender network supports that. The TalkTalk network has never provided support for direct SMS texts. Some 'phone only service customers originally with BT may have been able to continue with their SMS text to landline service.

ward0007
Chat Champion

Thanks for the information.

I don't suppose if I put the my O2 voicemail in the allotted field that would work ?  Not sure how it would know my O2 account?

John

Best regards John
Gondola
Community Star

Hi ward0007 

No, it makes no difference whether you put the TalkTalk Mobile SMS service centre number in or the O2 Mobile SMS service centre number in. The TalkTalk network is not set up to carry SMS text calls to TalkTalk landline numbers.

rynd2it
Popular Poster

With respect, my TalkTalk landline just received two SMS messages from 03333440000. I thought I had disabled this feature as the messages are often unintelligible although I do know where they are from. Tech Support could not help so all I have done is block the number.

I know that sometime in the past I was able to disable receiving text on the landline. I'd like to disable it again - anyone any ideas?

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @rynd2it 

With respect, what you've experienced is an SMS text to spoken message service.  You receive a voice call saying that you have a message waiting. It will cost you to call back the message service.  This type of message service is often used by delivery companies when you've not given them your mobile number.

To block a number use Using Last Caller Barring or How to use CallSafe 

rynd2it
Popular Poster

No that is NOT what happened - I answered the call and the voice began speaking the message after I pressed '1' to begin. The message was from my solicitors in a house sale, I have since told them not to do it and barred the number. 

Gondola
Community Star

...if you answered the call live and pressed 1 to start the replay then, with respect, you haven't received an SMS message directly, you've received an SMS to voice translation.

If you've blocked the number then that's ok. You'll NOT receive any more SMS to voice messages.