Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snapped phone line - total loss of service

jamesm4005
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

Hi

My overhead phone line was snapped by a passing extra tall lorry on Friday lunchtime.

Did online chat to get it fixed as whenever I call and put my number in the automated system it just disconnects. After almost an hour and being asked to do ridiculous checks like what is the colour of my router (having repeatedly said the line has physically broken) , the operative said they couldn't do anything, and to trying calling instead.

Called the sales number and got put through to technical - they asked me the same questions, did the same tests (broadband test came back fine apparently, even though it isn't even connected!?!). After me telling them multiple times that it just needs a fault raised with openreach, I was told only a manager could do this and I would be contacted within 72hours, or I could try calling tomorrow. (another 45mins wasted)

Saturday morning - went through the same rigmarole and the person finally understood that I have a total loss of service, and booked an openreach engineer for Wed AM. (30mins on phone) 

Monday lunchtime - rang to rearrange appointment to Wed PM/ Thurs AM. I was put on hold to then be told openreach have fixed it this morning. I asked for clarification how this was done this as there was no access as I was out. Then found out that it hadn't been fixed, but the appointment had been cancelled/was never sent to openreach as there is some kind of disrepency with my account that they had to sort. Tried to get it rebooked, but surprise surprise the technical team can't do it, and I have to wait another 72 to just receive a phone call from someone to book an appointment, which I'll more than likely have to wait a few more days for after that.

As a result I am unable to work as myself and my partner both rely on the broadband for work, and our burglar alarm also requires a phone line to work.

How hard can it be to pass the job to openreach!?! 

And why do the technical team appear to have very little actual technical knowledge beyond their scripts technical knowledge? 

All of this together with the fact I've been paying for 65Mb fibre and barely get 35Mb means I've pretty much had it with Talktalk.

Hoping someone here may be able to do something. Please!

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi @jamesm4005

I've checked with Openreach this morning, this has been assigned to an engineer who has been scheduled to this task tomorrow (19th).

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Message 2 of 6

Hi

I've checked the fault report on the openreach system and this has been accepted, so is now in progress.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi

They will at some point, but first, they will pass this to a line engineer to make an assessment as they may need additional equipment at the pole, such as a cherry picker etc, to reach the top.  If the engineer does not need any special equipment etc, then they will call at your property and if you are not home, then they will ask to make an appointment.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

jamesm4005
First Timer
Message 4 of 6

Thanks Karl.

Will openreach not need access to my property to connect the new OH drop wire to the existing internal JB in my loft? 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hi James

I'm showing the original booking made through our system by the agent was rejected due to missing line references etc, so no booking was completed.  With this type of fault an appointment should not be required as a disconnection fault will show when tested. This should be assigned to a line engineer to go and take a look.

I've logged a fault directly on the Openreach system and will check in an hour or two, to make sure it is picked up.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes