Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speak to a human - Report a fault line & Account issues

Domwilko
Chatterbox
Message 9 of 9

Is it actually possible to speak to a human being to report a faulty phone line and actually get some sort of service?

My 82 year old mother, who lives on her own and has got terminal cancer has had a problem with her phone line ever since they 'upgraded' her Internet connection. The line constantly crackles and drops audio throughout the duration of a call. She has previously attempted to report this issue with little joy from Talk Talk.

Additionally, she now cannot seem to log in to her account online as when my father passed away, they transferred the account (opened a new account) in my mother's name, but because they were using the same email address, because they cancelled my father's account, it now seems to have messed up her registering her new account with the same (her) email address.

It seems impossible to try and actually talk to someone to get these issues resolved.

I bet if she was to stop paying her bill they would soon be in contact!

Please can I have a human being to assist in helping my elderly and vulnerable mother?

Thanks.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Thank you,  I will see what I can do, we should be able to remove the address from the old account,  In the meantime does she have another temporary address that she can use. 

0 Likes

Domwilko
Chatterbox
Message 2 of 9

@Arne-TalkTalk - I've now also managed to find the old account number, which I've now added in to the private notes in my community profile.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Domwilko
Chatterbox
Message 3 of 9

Hi Arne,

I've added the account details in to the private notes in my community profile.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi @Domwilko

Can you add the email address that was used previously in the private notes section of your community profile, if possible the old account number aswell 

Thank you

0 Likes

Domwilko
Chatterbox
Message 5 of 9

Thanks Karl,

I'll let my mother know. Can you also sort out her access to her online account? As per my original post, she lost access to her account online when they swapped it over from my father's name to her name. My father had used my mother's email address to register access to their online account, but when he passed away, they closed his account and opened a new one in my mother's name. We registered for online access to her account using the same email address (my mother's email address) which my father had used to access his online account; however after registering and setting a password, it won't actually allow my mother to log on. Every time we try and log on, we get the following message:

Domwilko_0-1638891562347.png

Please can you get this sorted too?

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi

I've logged this over to openreach so they can take a look at the line.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Domwilko
Chatterbox
Message 7 of 9

Hi Karl,

I've now added my Mum's phone number in my details, so hopefully you'll be able to see it.

Thanks.

Dom

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 9

Hi

Can you add your mothers home phone number to the private notes section of your 'Community Profile' so we can take  look.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes