Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Speed Dial reinstating witheld number

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Chatterbox

My home number has 'witheld' number setup.  I normally put '1470'  before the dialled number if I want the caller to recognise me.  However on 'Speed-Dial'  1470 doesn't work.  is there a workaround for this?

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @gsmith99

The display of a caller's number at the choice of the caller is intended to be used on a per call basis. Exactly as you do now, key 1470 immediately before the number.

With Speed-Dial the number is replaced by a * * quick code but in its present form Speed-Dial doesn't allow the storing of the 1470 prefix before the stored number.

What will work when you call the number is to key 1470 * * 3, for example, where the Speed-Dial number you want is * * 3.

What we'll do here is ask the TalkTalk team to ask the MyAccount Team and or relevant stakeholder to see if it's possible to allow the storing of a 1470 prefix (or 141 prefix) as part of the Speed-Dial number.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Star

I am genuinely curious as to the thinking behind this. I imagine the purpose of a Speed-Dial number is for those frequently used. In which case presumably known to the caller. In which case why would you wish to withhold your number from them?

Highlighted
Chatterbox
Thanks and a good idea to make this easier to use
Highlighted
Chatterbox
When you setup withholding number it applies to everyone