cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

Standard Call Divert not working after TalkTalk removed Talk2Go functionality

ANSWERED
6 REPLIES
Highlighted
seanryan
Repeat Guest

Note topic https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Home-Phone/Mobile-rings-when-landline-rings/m-p/2122084 where the removal of support for the Talk2Go app triggered permanent call divert on some users - I also experienced the problem which was fixed. However, I think the 'fix' may have now broken the standard "Call Divert" feature for me: I have never had that feature and only learned about it while researching the problem in the above link the other day. Yesterday I logged on to "My Account" and ticked Call Divert and a few other free features and pressed Update, but every time when I went back into that page, the ticks were lost. I phoned Customer Services (CS) who then ticked them for me and said wait 24-48 hours. This morning I checked and Call Divert was now showing ticked. I then set up an Instant Divert on my landline to my mobile by pressing the relevant keys on the landline (*21*...mob nbr...#). There is also a sequence of keys to check for diversion (*#21#), and the system correctly reads back the mobile number I setup. However, when I call my landline (from a different mobile), the landline rings as usual and the call is not diverted. Phoned CS who can't see any problem. NB: I only wanted to test the feature temporarily then remove the divert (#21#), as it would only be useful when I go away from home.

Community Team

Hi,

Can you please add your home phone number to your Community Profile so I can locate your details.

If unsure of your number, simply dial 17070 from your land line phone and this will confirm the number for you.

Please reply when this has been updated.

Thanks

Karl.

seanryan
Repeat Guest

Thanks for responding. I've done that now.

Community Team

Hi

I'm showing a call forward option for your line is active.  This will divert on no answer after 21seconds, so the home phone should ring a few times then divert to mobile.

Thanks

Karl. 

seanryan
Repeat Guest

Refer https://help2.talktalk.co.uk/using-calling-features

Divert codes:

• To divert calls instantly without having to ring: dial 2 1
  • To divert unanswered calls (rings for 21 seconds): dial 6 1
  • To divert calls whenever your line is engaged: dial 6 7

I setup 21 - Instant Divert, not 61 - Unanswered Divert which is what you've just described. I have right now dialled the checking codes on the handset and have confirmed that 21 is active, 61 & 67 are not active. Have you made a mistake in your post, or is the system genuinely telling you that 61 is active?

I believe 21 is active and all calls should divert immediately, but that is not happening.

Community Team

Hi

I'll query this with our network teams.

The Sonus logs for the voice circuit are showing : 

- DontAnswerDestination='', timeout=21 Seconds. - VariableDestination='***********', Active=True -

I've starred out the mobile number above, but this does show nothing has been set for the Don't answer, only on no answer.

Thanks

Karl. 

seanryan
Repeat Guest
Solution

Been away a few days hence delayed reply. Keyed in the check codes on my handset this morning to confirm that all diverts were still inactive (21 - Instant; 61 - Unanswered; 67 - Engaged). I then keyed in Instant Divert and confirmed on check code it was accepted. I dialled my landline from one mobile, the landline rang once, then forwarded that call to the mobile I'd specified for instant divert. Perfect!

Thanks Karl for your help.