Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no incoming calls

Dylan74
Chatterbox
Message 21 of 21

Right - here goes. I've now settled in my new flat, and landline is STILL not working. Same problem as my old place, seriously testing my patience with TalkTalk. I'm now self-isolating with Covid, 100s of miles away from concerned family who can't always reach me and prefer to use landline than the more expensive mobile.

I can use landline fine to make outgoing calls, but never receive ones - there's no ringtone, connection sound, nothing. Dead to the world. I've found this using my mobile to call the landline as well. I've plugged my cordless phone at various sockets around the flat, same problem persists.

Please help ASAP and its getting quite ridiculous now, or better still, an engineer once isolation boredom is over!

Cheers.

Dyl
20 REPLIES 20

Message 1 of 21

Hi,

Can I just confirm how the voice service has been since my last post please? Is this still happening at the moment?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 21

Morning,

I've just requested an update from our team now and will post back again as soon as I receive an update.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 21

Morning,

My colleague has just contacted me to advise that this has been escalated further and we should hopefully know more soon. I will post back again as soon as I know more.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 21

Hello,

My colleague has just confirmed that they have raised this for investigation and we're hoping to know more in the next 24-48hrs.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 21

Hello,

Thanks for the PM. I've just passed this fault over to one of my colleagues now and I will let you know as soon as I receive an update back.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 21

Hi

Our network team have advised there are no issues showing, and if calls from some mobiles are connecting other mobiles may be a little slower to update their whitelists of numbers, but if this keeps failing you would need to contact those networks to report your number to them so they could add this.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 7 of 21

Hi

I've emailed our network team to see if they can check any routing on our side and advise of the next steps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Dylan74
Chatterbox
Message 8 of 21

Morning Karl,

The engineer's own mobile came through ok (Three), mine doesn't (EE) nor my aunt (Vodafone) so far.

Dyl
0 Likes

Message 9 of 21

Hi

Do you know if this is all mobile numbers or a certain network, vodaphone, EE etc ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 10 of 21

Hi there,

BT Openreach engineer came round this morning to sort out landline woes. I *think its working ok now - when receiving calls from another landline.

Same problem persists if someone calls my landline via mobile phone - silence, no connection, no ring tone. Engineer says problem lies with TalkTalk, so please proceed ASAP? Mentioned something about transferring from Sky to TalkTalk (which I did over 2 years ago), and that some mobile networks didn't "transfer" into the new service? I've a job ref number if needed.

Dyl
0 Likes

Message 11 of 21

Hi Dylan

Thanks for confirming this.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange the engineer visit.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 12 of 21

Yes, exactly the same. Used my mobile to call the landline now, dead - no connection, no sound. Same with family members trying to contact from afar. But rang perfectly fine with a nuisance call from "Amazon" last week! Doesn't make any sense to me. Cheers

Dyl
0 Likes

Message 13 of 21

Hi Dylan

Thanks for your reply.

Can I just check, is the exact same fault still present, unable to receive inbound calls?

0 Likes

Dylan74
Chatterbox
Message 14 of 21

Hi there,

Regarding this ongoing stressful problem with landline, I'd like an engineer to come round and check for him/herself please. My self isolation is over and tested negative for covid.

Regards, Dylan

Dyl
0 Likes

Message 15 of 21

Hi

Please get back to us when isolation has passed and covid tests are clear and we can resume this.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 16 of 21

I agree - it's very & frustratingly strange, but I borrowed an office phone and plugged it in a month ago - same problem.

Incidentally, the (bloody) landline rang yesterday lunchtime. I nearly jumped out of my skin to hear the strange ringing sounds. As it happens, it was a nuisance call from "Amazon". Since then, normality & dead landline ensues. The landline also rang once when TalkTalk called me from afar approx 4 months ago at my old flat.

Dyl
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 17 of 21

Forgive me for saying this @Dylan74, but don't you find it a strange coincidence that you are having the same issue at two different properties? Have you tried a different handset? Does the issue persist with just the handset connected directly at the test socket?

0 Likes

Message 18 of 21

Hi

Engineer terms can be found  here.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Dylan74
Chatterbox
Message 19 of 21

Cheers. Really hope to sort this out once and for all. No call out charges I hope...?

Dyl
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 20 of 21

Hi

All tests are clear so the only option is to arrange an engineer after isolation period has passed and you test negative for covid.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes