Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Telephone Fault

8 REPLIES 8
jayday
Chat Champion

HI, my father in law is a talktalk customer and there is a problem with his landline. When I try to call him it is permanently engaged, and has been for a few days. He lives several hundred miles away so I'm trying to find a way to fix this for him remotely. 

He is very deaf, and he struggles to hear me, and understand what he needs to to. I have managed to get a neighbour to use another handset and the problem persists. So I'm pretty sure it's a problem with the line. His broadband is working though.

If he called customer services there is no way he would understand what they are saying, and of course they won't talk to me as I'm not the account holder. 

Is there any way I can report this fault online on his behalf?

ferguson
Community Star

Sorry to hear about this, if you pop your father's landline number in the Private notes section on your community profile then the OCE can have a look for you. 

jayday
Chat Champion

Thank you. I have updated the details as requested

OCE_Arne
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @jayday

I will look into this for you and get back to you. 

Regards

OCE_Arne

Hi @@jayday

We have requested an engineer to go out to the exchange in the next 48 hours. 

We can check the fault ticket on Tuesday for an update

FYI ..Because there was no mobile number on his account , I have added yours so you may receive SMS updates

Regards

jayday
Chat Champion
Hi many thanks for that. I have had a text saying an engineer needs to go to the house, is this in addition to the engineer going to the exchange
OCE_Arne
jayday
Chat Champion
Ok the text asks me to phone to make an appointment, do I still need to do that
OCE_Arne