Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfered to Talktalk, lost my home telephone number?

mark312uk
First Timer
Message 12 of 12

I've made the move to Talktalk from Sky and just had the engineer round this morning to setup my router and get me online. 

It wasn't until I used my home phone, that I realised that we've been given a new landine number.

I had previously spoken to some Talktalk advisors, and I was made sure that I could keep my current number.

Whilst I was going through the order online, I filled out all my details correctly, and there was no option or warning about loosing my number.  

Could I please get some help on getting it back?

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

ferguson
Community Star
Message 1 of 12

@mark312uk Have you cancelled your service with Sky?

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Hi

You would have to go through our sales teams. As this was a new line order and not a takeover order they cannot request the number from the previous supplier.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

How would I go about doing that then? My order is active and complete.

W

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Hi

Order management have advised that if the old number is required you would have to cancel the current order and place a new order for a working line take over rather than for a new line.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Morning Karl. Not heard anything as yet.

Emails or calls.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hi

Check back with us after the weekend and we can see what they have done.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

mark312uk
First Timer
Message 7 of 12

Thanks for that Karl. Should they email me in due course?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Hi

I've passed the details across to our Order Management Teams to see if a porting request can be raised.

I cannot make you any promises at this point as I do not know what is involved, but I'll see what I can do.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

mark312uk
First Timer
Message 9 of 12

Thanks for the reply guys. I've filled out my profile with some more details.

I placed the order online, filled out all the details (including current number/address) and I remember it never had a specific box to keep my number when porting.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 10 of 12

Hi mark312uk

Looking at the orders, no order was placed to port the number from the previous provider and I can see no mention of this across the account. 

Did you specifically request this when placing your order ?  Did you place the order online ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

martswain
Philosopher
Message 11 of 12

@mark312uk 

When ordering you should have been able to input the number for the line you wished to keep.

What does your actual TT order confirmation say ?

That will show whether a new number has been allocated.

You need to complete your community profile with your current allocated number so staff can identify your account, put your previous number that you wish to try and recover in the Private Notes section.

DO NOT post the information here, click your avatar at the top RHS to proceed.

0 Likes