Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to call local numbers from my talk talk landline

Lissy
Whizz Kid
Message 7 of 7

I can phone long distance and mobile numbers from my landline telephone, but not local calls.  I have tried a different phone, manually inputting the numbers, unplugging everything.  Any suggestions ??

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7
0 Likes

Lissy
Whizz Kid
Message 2 of 7

All sorted, spent ages on phone yesterday to a guy who was hard to understand !  An openreach engineer was booked to come out tmw, but then texts from openreach this morning - fault has been fixed so think same problem as you cannop1.  All sorted - can phone local numbers again now.  Just such a palava x

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Update on our problem: I had a text from Openreach to say they had tested the line (remotely) and not found a probem (no surprise there!). Checking the phone it appears the problem has gone.
I fully suspect this was a software issue with the routing in the exchange (01535). Just wondered which exchange you are on @Lissy 
I'll check on local social media to see if any others experienced the same issue.

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 7

Hi Lissy,

Do you receive any error messages? Are you dialling the area code?

Thanks

0 Likes

Cannopa1
First Timer
Message 5 of 7

My elderly neighbour has the exact same problem on his line today. We spent a long time talking with Customer Services, they ran their scripted diagnostics which said there was a fault on the line, and they would have to call out Openreach; this on the line we were talking to them on!

So we await the visit by OR Thursday, with not a great deal of confidence that they will solve this issue!

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 6 of 7

@Lissy  are you using the full number including the dialing code ?

0 Likes