Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Unable to get any help for my 92 year father's faulty phone

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
First Timer

My father is 92 and suffering from Alzthimer's.  His phone developed a fault last week. He has become very anxious and stressed by this.  He cannot make outgoing calls and he cannot receive any. 

I managed to contact by telephone talk talk and went through a process of pressing options.  Finally a text message came through saying that the phone does have a fault in the road and an engineer would fix it.

Wednesday today and no further contact and the phone is still not working.  Has the fault been located?  Is it in the road?  What is going on?

I contact the online chat - what a waste of my time, a very unhelpful chat - no advice no help - I am not the account holder therefore I cannot help my father even though I have power of attorney.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @callas 

Have the Power of Attorney documents been registered with TalkTalk?  If they have then that will have been recorded on the Account and you will be able to manage your father's TalkTalk account, report faults etc.

Please do a quick check that your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here) your name, current landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add your father's name, telephone numbers, address etc with any relevant other notes about the Power of Attorney and finally save changes.

TalkTalk's Community Team OCE will then locate your father's registered TalkTalk details and update you about the fault and fixing it.

TalkTalk's accessibility features 

Priority Fault Repair 

Power of Attorney/Authority to Act 

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @callas

Thanks for your post, Sorry to read of your Mum/Fathers problem. 

Can you add the phone number to the private notes section of your community profile and we can start to look into this for you. 

Regards

Highlighted
First Timer

Hello

We have now discovered that his telephone number which he has had for over 50 years has been given to someone else. 

He now has no phone line at all which means his care line is prob not working!!!

This needs urgent attention

Highlighted
First Timer

I have done this.  Please can someone call me as a matter of urgency.

Highlighted
First Timer

What a pleasure it is to deal with you at Talktalk.  This apparently I have since learnt is a welfare case yet none of you have tried to help in the least.  Just kicked the can down the road.  A telephone company that doesn't want to use the phone.

Highlighted

Hi @callas

I have PMd you asking for the account details, Without them there is nothing I can do to help. 

Highlighted
First Timer

Thank you for your reply.  I have now done that.  What is such a pity is that since starting this wrong journey I have learnt from SKY's customer services that my father comes under Welfare Case.  Which changes things a little.

I am also very disappointed shall we say about the lack of response I have received from Talktalk and the complete run around I have been given.  When I have spoken to customer services I have been fobbed off with any excuse but to actually deal with the problem. With SKY's help I did get to the bottom of the problem and it was finally with a lot of determination and a lot of persistent tweets resolved.

The whole experience was very stressful and frustrating and my father has become very stressed by the fact he was without his care line for over a week.

I won't be the last person to experience the extremely poor service from talktalk but I hope that talktalk might look into improving their customer services and the whole process. 

The main problem I had was to actually be able to speak to a real person who would advise what to do.  On line chat was a waste of time, as was logging the fault through an automated phone line as I am not with talktalk.

I think a lot of improvement is needed.

Highlighted

Hi @callas

You have added a mobile number we cannot find an account with that. I need the landline or account number of your fathers account.

Thanks 

Highlighted
Philosopher

@callas u can register ur family member for 1st priority help as they have a required phone line help device which means talktalk and bt optec will act fast on any faults on the line 

OCE should be able to point u in the right area for this

also if not fix after 8 weeks u can raise it to the ceo office for them to make a final decisions on the issue as a whole 

Hope that help Joe R If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)