Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make calls - internet fine

UserNameAnnoyance
Chatterbox
Message 14 of 14

I've tried about 8 times to make a call to South Africa today (mobile number in SA). several of teh calls went to an IVR line "allowance used" - but 2 rang, only to have no audio when I got a connection. I call the person from my mobile (not with TalkTalk) can got through no problems, so the issue is not on the call receiver side.

I checked the usage on my allowance, and it's less than 25 % used - i.e. still have 75+% available allowance. I can see the usage is correctly updated and recent - it has my last call to SA from 2 days ago (and several others from before that). The ability to make calls like this is why I went to TalkTalk, and have not had a problem like this since i joined TalkTalk

Lack of a support number, or obvious way to get it, on the site, is frustrating as well.

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

That's great news, thanks for letting me know 🙂

Chris

Message 2 of 14

Chris - thanks for the support, and the call back today to confirm that an issue had been fixed.

I was able to successfully call my Mom today, so I believe the problem is now fixed, thanks!

Message 3 of 14

OK thanks. I've passed this over to our network team for investigation, I'll let you know when I receive an update

Thanks

Chris

Message 4 of 14

Yes - never had issues like this before

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Hi UserNameAnnoyance,

Have all previous calls gone through OK until the 12th?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

So today I get a slightly different message from IVR say this "isn't covered" (didn't memorize the full message), and then it started dialling anyway. on 1 call, ther person answered, I heard them for 5 seconds ("hello") and then nothing more (and they could not hear me).

2nd time, no answer at all.

I then called them from my mobile, and again was able to get hold of them no problem.

I manually dialled the number as well, and still had no success.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14
0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

I've added the number in the private notes section. I will try contact after work today.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Hello,

Ok thanks for confirming. Please can you try dialling the number manually and if this is still happening then we can pass this over to our Network Team for further investigation. Please can you also add the number that you're trying to dial to the Private Notes section of your Community Profile. Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

Hi there, thanks for replying.

Speed-dialling, as I have done for the last year or so. I can try again later, and try manual, but I don't understand how that would trigger a "out of allowance" IVR response?

I don't really have anyone else other than my mother I contact, so I have not tried other numbers. I generally only use our landline for those calls, most other things I do on mobiles, but I was able to call local GP on the landline last week.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

Hi

Is this happening on all calls to South Africa? (on different numbers) Are calls to local and national numbers ok?

Are you speed dialling or manually dialling the number?

0 Likes

Message 12 of 14

Thanks Gliwmaeden2 - I've updated the profile.

Thanks for sharing the link on contacts!

It seems a little confusing that is says "We’ll continue to prioritise our phone lines for customers who have already registered as needing additional accessibility support and we remain committed to serving our customers and keeping you all connected" yet not listing phone line details for a customer. I guess I'll wait for tomorrow and try again.

Thanks again for the reply and help

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 13 of 14

The phone help lines reopen at 9am, @UserNameAnnoyance.

03451 720046 or 03451 720088

They are not open Sundays. 

Chat is open every day from 9am.

Full details of opening hours and the link to Chat are on this page:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-live-chat-team/ta-p/2230529

If you need further help on here, staff will need to identify your account. Please add your Talktalk landline number to your community forum profile details by going via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard. 

Staff respond Monday to Friday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.