Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Unable to remove CallSafe

12 REPLIES 12
Postlem
Chatterbox

I want to remove CallSafe from my phone, but 4 chatline 'technicians' and the Report Problem line have been unable to help over a period of a week!. The 'Manage CallSafe' process under 'My Services' show it is on. When you try and change it to off, a message appears 'wait a few minutes', but later it stills shows as on. TalkTalk have informed me that the facility has been turned off within my account, but it is STILL active on my phone. TalkTalk appear to be unable to get the problem fixed! I will make a complaint. It is crazy to have facility that can be switched on via the phone, but not switched off via the same device, OR via My Services!!

ferguson
Community Star

OK, I don't have CallSafe active on My Account so this is what I see:

Screenshot 2019-06-08 at 18.23.10.png

In your account, what do you do see and what happens if you click on Manage?

This is what I see in a pop-up box:

Screenshot 2019-06-08 at 18.29.02.png

Community Team

Hi @Postlem

Thanks for your post, sorry that you are having problems.

If you would like us to look into this, please can you update your community profile to include your home telephone number, we will then be able to have a look at your  account.

To do this go into 'my settings' then 'personal information' then add your details.

Thanks

Postlem
Chatterbox

Hello.

Thank you for the update. I have finally managed to convince TalkTalk 'technicians' after nearly two weeks that I have a corrupt account. I was told repeatedly that CallSafe is no longer on my account, and responded that all they had to do was to call my landline to find out it is STILL active on my phone. However everyone seemed unable/unwilling to do this. I have finally been told the problem has finally gone to 'Back Office' for further problem determination, and that I should hear from them in 3 -5 days. I won't hold my breath!

It is this sort of lack of real interest, training and motivation that gives TalkTalk its reputation as a cheap and and unsatisfactory company to deal with. None of the original six or seven agents wanted to run with the problem, but also did not feel inclined to pass the problem to someone in 'Back Office' who could (hopefully!) sort out the corrupt account.

Community Team

Hi @Postlem

If you update your profile, I can fix this for you.

Postlem
Chatterbox

Hello.

Well it's been nearly 3 weeks now and CallSafe is still active on my landline. TalkTalk have not responded, and can only tell me CallSafe is not on My Account. If they could merely phone my landline, it would prove to them what I am telling them! What a mickey mouse company.....

ferguson
Community Star

You have been told by a member of the TalkTalk support team here, OCE Arne, that he can fix this for you. This is the first response you have made since then. All you need to do is update your community profile as he asked.

Community Team

@Postlem , Thanks for updating your profile. 

I have found a mismatch on our server, Which has left callsafe active.  

I have requested this to be fixed. I will post back when its done. 

Postlem
Chatterbox

Hello

Thank you for your update!

I am overwhelmed! I really appreciate your efforts....

It has been a very frustrating few weeks. I was on the verge of writing to Tristia Harrison

after being, basically, ignored by many  others.

Thank you very much,

Martin Postlethwaite

Community Team

Hi @Postlem

Callsafe is now off.

Sorry it took so long.

Regards

Postlem
Chatterbox

Hello Arne

Thank you for your update...

Sorry, I've been away....I needed a holiday!

Yes, CallSafe has finally been removed, after 3 very frustrating weeks.

I worked for 25 years in IT Problem Determination, and can confirm that

the way TalkTalk deals with problems is severely lacking. No one on ChatLine or

the Problem Line seems to want to pick up a problem and run with it.....

This may be down to understaffing or lack of education, or both.

I have now noticed that I do indeed have another problem!

When I turn off 'Last Caller Barring' via clearing the box, and pressing update,

it mysteriously appears again when I login.....

Isn't this a feature that can be turned off??? I assumed it was connected with CallSafe.

Maybe you could look into this, please?

Thank you for your help.

Martin

ferguson
Community Star

Any features like Last Caller Barring which are actioned via My Account require a confirmation pop up to Confirm or Cancel. If you are not getting that then try temporarily disabling any ad/pop up blockers, or some browsers just don't play nice so try a different one.

Community Team

Hi @Postlem

We had some issues with My Account last week when removing calling features, It has since been resolved, Can you try again, and as ferguson has advised allow pop ups and you should be able to remove the service. 

Let me know if you have any problems.