Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOIP

Andycsmith
Conversation Starter
Message 7 of 7

Hi

I currently have fibre and my home analogue phone has died, as the POTS system is being turned off in 2025 I thought I should move to VOIP but there does not appear to be any mention of it from the home, I have seen mentions of it for business, but I would it would have been pretty far on by now since there is nothing really new about this.

Any guidance on how to move to VOIP with Talk Talk would be appreciated.

Must admit I'm shocked that this is not being talked about more to avoid the stampede in a few years as lots of people will still need landlines.

Andy

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Andy

I've logged this to Openreach to take a look.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Andycsmith
Conversation Starter
Message 2 of 7

Hi,

I can confirm there is no dial tone at the test socket.

Thanks,

andy

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hello,

I'm sorry for the delay. The line test has detected a potential fault. Can I just confirm, is there also no dial tone at the test socket? As soon as we confirm this then we can raise this over for investigation.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

OK, have you checked the phone connected directly at the test socket? The support team will check for any issues from their end when they pick this up next week. 

0 Likes

Andycsmith
Conversation Starter
Message 5 of 7

Yes I said POTS it's still working but it won't be in just over three years.

I don't know what is wrong with the phone, it no longer makes calls but it can receive calls.

Yes the handsets are DECT but the base station is still analogue POTS and I know from the exchange everything is digital

So when will I get VOIP, i'd rather buy either a new VOIP phone or use my computer, I don't want to buy a phone that I will then have convert to VOIP using an ATA adapter at some time in the future.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Um, the POTS system is still working. How has your home phone "died" exactly? And they have long since stopped being analogue.

VOIP is being made available to customers who are on a full fibre package. 

0 Likes