Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail Icon Missing

Steeve
Popular Poster
Message 26 of 26

Title says it all. It has been covered in a previous thread with no outcome noted.

The voicemail icon is not showing on the phone when a message has been left. The base unit and all 4 phones were unplugged from the mains for two hours this morning in an attempt to clear the fault. No success.

A rapid solution is required please, as a bereavement has occurred and this feature is very important right now. 

A phone call to the service team resulted in a line check which showed no problems. 

Any help appreciated. Thanks. 

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

Message 1 of 26

Morning,

Our team have advised that this is still under investigation and unfortunately we don't have any timescales for this. I will continue to monitor for any new updates and will post back as soon as I hear more.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 26

Hello,

I'm sorry for the delay. I'll see if I can get a update from our Network Team on the status of this issue.

Thanks

0 Likes

Steeve
Popular Poster
Message 3 of 26

As I have been bizarrely "promoted" to a Chatterbox, I feel it is time to ask for a more definitive update on this issue. Can you tell what specific difficulties your engineers are experiencing in putting this matter right? Indeed, are they still trying to resolve the issue, which I notice is being reported by others? Over two months now, please resolve.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 26

Hi Nell A,

If you still need assistance can you please start your own thread as Gliwmaeden2 requested

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 26

@Nell A, staff will only reply to the original poster on a help thread, so you really need to start your own. 

And also complete your community forum profile details. Particularly important to add your Talktalk landline by going via your avatar/name; settings; Profile Wizard. 

This will enable staff to identify your account when they reach your thread. 

To start your own thread, please return to the message board and click on start a topic. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Nell A
First Timer
Message 6 of 26
I am in the same boat with the missing voicemail icon. Hope TT can resolve this
0 Likes

Message 7 of 26

Hi,

Our Network Engineers have advised that they are still working on identifying the root cause. Apologies that I don't have any more specific information/updates that I can provide at the moment.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 26

Hi Steeve,

I've just wanted to advise that it's now looking like I won't know more until Monday now. Apologies for the delay.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 26

Morning,

Just a quick update to let you know that I've not received an additional update as yet and I'm hoping to know more in the next 24-48hrs.

Thanks

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 10 of 26

Hi Steeve,

Just a quick update to let you know that our Network Engineers tested a possible fix for this issue yesterday, however this was unsuccessful so they have passed it back for further investigation. I've been advised that the next update is due around Tuesday next week so I will keep you updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 26

Hi Steeve,

I've not received an update as yet so I've just requested an update now.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 12 of 26
Thanks. Hoping for a satisfactory outcome.
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 13 of 26

Hi Steeve,

Just a quick update to let you know that I'm still investigating this with one of our Network Engineers and as soon as I know more I will post straight back here with an update.

Thanks

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 14 of 26

Hi Steeve,

I'm just awaiting further clarification on this and I will post back as soon as I know more.

Thanks

Message 15 of 26

Or stop charging for 1571

0 Likes

Message 16 of 26

Why have you given different answers to me and Cobalt Blue?

No change to ring tone, continuing dial tone at present. 

Missing Icon. Panasonic. Three weeks.

Over to you. How I yearn for the days when I could to speak to somebody directly without this "they have told me" business. 

And stop awarding me badges like I am a boy scout.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 26

The voicemail has never generated a flashing light on the handset. In fact, there is no light on the handset at all. 

As the heading clearly states , the icon has stopped appearing on the handset screen. This happened around three weeks ago on my Panasonic phone.

If you read below on other threads you will see that other Panasonic users have experienced the same problem for around three weeks. 

There are two clues there: Panasonic and three weeks. Further investigation is required at your end I feel.

Hoping for a solution soon. Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 26

Hi Steeve,

Thanks for confirming. Our Network Team have advised that our voicemail service will not generate a flashing light on the handset as this is generated by a message left on the actual handset itself. They have said that the TalkTalk voicemail will just show as an interrupted dial tone on the line.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 19 of 26

Just used the phone. Continuous dial tone has returned.

Message 20 of 26

We had not noticed the interrupted tone before yesterday so we can't tell you if it has changed at all. Sorry. What we can say is that the icon went missing about three weeks ago. 

0 Likes