Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail Icon Missing

Steeve
Popular Poster
Message 26 of 26

Title says it all. It has been covered in a previous thread with no outcome noted.

The voicemail icon is not showing on the phone when a message has been left. The base unit and all 4 phones were unplugged from the mains for two hours this morning in an attempt to clear the fault. No success.

A rapid solution is required please, as a bereavement has occurred and this feature is very important right now. 

A phone call to the service team resulted in a line check which showed no problems. 

Any help appreciated. Thanks. 

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

Message 21 of 26

Hi Steeve,

Can I just confirm, does it sound like the interrupted dial tone has changed or sound different, for example has it always pulsed? Does it sound shorter, longer or the same?

Thanks

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 22 of 26

Hi Steeve,

Thank you. I'm currently looking into this and will let you know as soon as I know more.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 23 of 26

The dial tone is "pulsing", I suppose to you could say interrupted.

The base unit has an answerphone facility built in but it is permanently switched off.

Panasonic KX-TG6611E, base unit and three other handsets.

I hope you can help. Many thanks. 

To other members of the "community" - sign in before attempting to post! I have had to type this twice.

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 24 of 26

Hi Steeve,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm the below before I pass this over to our Network Team for further investigation.

Is there an interrupted dial tone on the line when the voicemail icon doesn't appear?

Does your handset have a built in voicemail facility that could be possibly intercepting the messages?

What is the make and model of your handsets please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 25 of 26

@Steeve, thanks for starting your own thread. Please also complete your community forum profile details as mentioned in my other reply. 

Staff need this to be done to identify your account. 

They will reply to this thread during the week. Please look out for their response. 

Posting further will delay the progress of the thread in the automated workflow. Though your thread is in the queue for attention, it may be a couple of days or so before you get a reply. 

Staff respond from oldest to newest posts and there is usually a backlog after the weekend. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.