Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't my friend get through to me?

LindaK
Conversation Starter
Message 10 of 10

Can someone please help me with this? A good friend has just moved home and switched to TalkTalk, and as soon as she was connected she tried to call me and got the answer 'the number you are calling does not accept calls from withheld numbers'. We have recently changed our package and it seems that Anonymous Caller Reject was added without our knowledge, so I unchecked the box. Some 4 days later my friend still gets the same message even though I have added her number to my approved list, so there is no reason at my end why she shouldn't be able to get through. We also had a look at her account and she has 'withhold my number' ticked, even though she doesn't want it, but she is unable to uncheck it as apparently she cannot make changes until the changes she has previously made have taken effect - but it is a new account and she has made no changes at all. We feel as if we're going round in circles and are getting absolutely nowhere.  

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10
0 Likes

LindaK
Conversation Starter
Message 2 of 10

Problem is now resolved, thanks all.

Message 3 of 10

Thank you - fingers crossed!

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Ok then it appears anonymous caller reject hasn't fully come off the line, So i will re-add it and then remove it, and that will hopefully solve the issue.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi, Just tried what you suggested from my mobile and yes, I got the same message.  

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Hi LindaK

Its a strange one, as anonymous caller reject looks to be not active

Are you able to test it using a mobile or someone else's phone, call your number and withold the number to see if you get the same message. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi @LindaK honestly don't know what to advise other than say hang on till tomorrow when the team are in and they will get it sorted. Until then you will just have to call your friend, make sure she is on your friends and family list for free calls.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes

LindaK
Conversation Starter
Message 8 of 10

I'm not sure which of us has the issue to be honest, but if I no longer have Anonymous Caller Reject, AND my friend's number is on my list of approved callers, then surely it must be my issue. I tried to go onto the chat line a few days ago to get some answers, but every piece of personal information that was asked for was rejected as incorrect, which it wasn't, so I gave up.

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

Hi @LindaK your post has been flagged for assistance, but it reads as though your friend has the issue not you. Why not encourage her to post?

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes