Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

broadband internet working, landline permanently engaged

alicemcb13
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

Have been through all suggested workthroughs in the last two hours, which have not resolved the issue.

TalkTalk have text and emailed saying they have tested my broadband line and it looks like its working as is should be (their words).

I can connect to the internet however I cannot make or receive calls as when I try to make a call, all I can hear is the engaged tone.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

That's great new alicemcb13, thanks for letting me know 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi Chris.  It seems that a number of properties in the area were similarly affected, it has been suggested that the problem may have been caused by local BT Engineering work undertaken yesterday afternoon.  The phone line became active around 5pm therefore an engineer visit is no longer required.  Thank you for you help.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi alicemcb13,

Thanks for trying that. To investigate further we'll need to arrange an engineer visit. If you'd like us to go ahead with the engineer visit please let us know and we'll confirm some details

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Thanks Chris,  there would seem to be an issue with the line as attaching two seperate handsets directly to the test socket has not rectified the problem.

When directly connected, my BT Decor 2200 still has line engaged tone, my Panasonic KX TGJ420E display says check phone line, I dont even get a tone!

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Thanks. Line test is picking up a potential issue. Could you test with your telephone connected to your test socket with your router disconnected. If possible could you also test with a 2nd handset

Chris

0 Likes

alicemcb13
First Timer
Message 6 of 8

Updated, thanks

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 8

Hi alicemcb13,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes