Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

call safe

8 REPLIES 8
snowy1
Whizz Kid

I cannot get an access code from HMRC to my land line.

I have switched call safe off, still cannot get access code.

the message I received from HMC is

Access codes are texted from 60886 or dependent on your number they may be telephoned from 0300 200 3600. Please contact your phone supplier to check if these numbers are being identified as junk or spam. They can then remove the block from your phone.

thank you

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @snowy1 

My understanding is that the HMRC outgoing numbers are automatically recognised by CallSafe and will be allowed through to your landline 'phone as long as they are using the 03 landline number and not trying to text as that will not work.

Is it a standard 'phone that you have on your landline not a call blocker 'phone and no standalone call blocker device?  Worth a check that any call blocking feature on the 'phone is off and the answer machine if present isn't automatically taking the call instead of allowing the ringer.  Just to make sure the 'phone is working, call from your mobile.

If you have a mobile you could get the code sent to the mobile and HMRC will obviously text it.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

snowy1
Whizz Kid

Hi gondola

The access code can go to my wifes mobile, I want the code to my land line, the phone is just a standard one, the answer machine is not taking the call.

it was working ok a few weeks ago, I got the code to my land line, nothing changed at my end.

Gondola
Community Star

TalkTalk team alerted. I'm interested to see what they find.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

snowy1
Whizz Kid

Me to

cheers gondola

OCE_Arne
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @snowy1

There was a slight mismatch on our sonus server so we have re-synced it. 

Can you try again and let us know how it goes.

snowy1
Whizz Kid

Still  not coming through

snowy1
Whizz Kid

Now working ok

thanks very much

OCE_Arne
Community Team - TT Staff