Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delayed fast broadband activation

Yousaf1
First Timer
Message 10 of 10

Hi,

My activation date was set for 7th April before midnight however trying to contact TT numerous times through phone and email but the line is always closed and my email received an automated reply telling me to make an account. I still haven't got it activated after 2 days. The installation date was far and we had maybe 4 weeks without wifi. After the was engineer unable to come inside and install the router for us, we installed it privately, and it couldn't be fully set up as it hasn't been activated. We are now having to spend even longer without wifi. Im thinking to change from TalkTalk I'm quite unhappy with this situation. Please get back as soon as you can.

Thanks.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Gordw
Team Player
Message 1 of 10

Hi @hosay299 

We really need to stop this as I'm sure you are doing the best job you can when our ISP is not doing anything and has cut off all support themselves, chat not open, but can you at least not post inaccurate information. I have purposely not mentioned the name of the company I am moving to or anything about prices as I felt it would be entirely inappropriate to do so on here. 80% of companies I have checked still have support for customers. I am also not paying anymore than I am at the moment with my new provider. Yes we are in chaotic times which has caught everyone off guard and everyone is trying to do the best that they can in very scary circumstances but companies like talktalk have to move faster as they have a responsibility to not only to their staff but to the public they serve. 

0 Likes

hosay299
Philosopher
Message 2 of 10

Ok but still shows u not every company has a plan in place for events like this 

Each one to there own. As even supermarkets where caout out 

There is more Support coming as chat is now on again 

Each to their own depends on what u need and for the price pay more get more things like 24 hrs Support 

Hope that help Regards Joe
If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
0 Likes

Gordw
Team Player
Message 3 of 10

Hi @hosay299 

As I said above they did contact me about leaving, approx. 3 minutes after signing up to my new provider, which goes live on the 04/05, but only to tell me how much I had pay to get out of my current contract and I would have paid ten times the amount asked to have the security of having 24/7 tech support on the phone.

Oh and one other thing I have managed to find out. Only one other company has closed their telephone helpline completely everyone else has a reduced service but is still available.

0 Likes

Gordw
Team Player
Message 4 of 10

Hi @hosay299 

Please don't take offence as your efforts are laudable and the effort you are putting in is commendable but, when a problem arises I do expect to be able to contact my service provider directly and not via a fellow customer. I'm not sure about your non UK based remark but as far as I'm aware Newcastle is in the UK even if the accent is a bit difficult to understand at first. Like you I have never personally had any problem with my broadband but given the unacceptable problems that hundreds of talktalk customers including my brother have been having I'm not willing to take the chance. A company should always be measured not on what they get right but how quickly and efficiently they resolve problems. As for cancelling as I can find no method for contacting my provider to do so I will leave that up to talktalk to contact me as I'm sure they will when my new provider contacts them.

0 Likes

hosay299
Philosopher
Message 5 of 10

Ok just please then post on my account side on here stating u want to cancel.

Yes but remember talk talk staff on here are uk based 

The other staff on phone and chat I think are not. 

Just a shame talktalk have not improved it from what they started but might be reasons why not.

I am with them as I have found no issues great fiber and tv.

Every one has reasons why and what they are looking for.

0 Likes

Gordw
Team Player
Message 6 of 10

I choose 6 broadband providers have spoken to 4 on the phone 3 of whom have 24/7 tech support working from home. I have past the details to brother and he is now making up which he will sign up with and just give talktalk a miss. I have decided to do the same as one of the providers I talked to and has 24/7 tech support still operating is my mobile phone provider and they have offered me a deal so I am going to sign up with them.

0 Likes

hosay299
Philosopher
Message 7 of 10

U can post on here in Support side as postal is long way which might not work 

There was a online form to fill in for help but do not know where it is now. 

Others have been able to post and get help with no broadband or phone or both. 

But they have found the wait is long as they try to do vulnerable and elderly 1st. 

If u fit in the category then they will help with in a week 

But talk talk like other isp have back logs and some work is carried out by 3party companies and they are working the same thing 

Hope you get sorted out soon but this area is not monitored or for support 

0 Likes

Gordw
Team Player
Message 8 of 10

Hi @hosay299 

Do you have the postal address for the help side as obviously someone with no internet and needs to report the fault with the internet can't access the help topics

Cheers

0 Likes

hosay299
Philosopher
Message 9 of 10

none support area on for ideas non help please use the help side for help then wait for a oce to reply back soon

@Yousaf1 

0 Likes