Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

faulty land line

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
First Timer

How on Earth do you get any help from Talk Talk?? My landline has not been working for months and I keep being sent round and round in circles! Can't get help over the phone.  Can't get help from the 'help' pages.  Absolutely ridiculous!!  There is a fault on my land line; you can't hear anyone on the other end of the line because it crackles continuously. I have checked everything I can possibly check; been through the checklists many times. I've been sent a new router.  I have even bought a new phone - it doesn't work!!!!!  We got to the point a few months ago where they actually said they would send an engineer out.  I took a day off work and the engineer didn't turn up! no calls, no information, no apology, no attempt to make an alternative appointment; nothing!! Now we are back to the beginning again but now I can't even get through to anyone. BTW this was all happening before the COVID19 problems. What do you need to do to get help??? On top of this, internet speed is so slow the TV doesn't even work properly!  You can't even leave the company!! Total nightmare!! PLEASE, SOMEBODY, HELP, BEFORE I HAVE A COMPLETE MENTAL BREAKDOWN!!!! I just want to be able to use my phone and call my family, is it too much to ask for?? a service which I am still paying for even though I can't use it!  

Highlighted
First Timer

Well it's been a week since my original message...still not been contacted by talktalk....still got no phone line....

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi MickB4,

Sorry for the delayed reply, we're doing our best in these unprecedented circumstances due to the Corona virus to answer everyone as quickly as possible.

Line test is picking up a potential issue, can you just confirm that you can hear the crackle on both telephones with the phone connected to your Test Socket if you have one, and all other telephone equipment (including router) disconnected, we can then arrange an engineer visit 

Chris

Highlighted
First Timer

When  I first reported the problem several months ago, calls were connecting, but the crackle made it impossible to hear the conversation; yes, the crackle was on both phones.

Now when I try to phone the landline, it rings, but when I answer, it doesn't connect; the landline phone stops ringing as if answered, but the phone making the call keeps ringing as if unanswered.

There is also no dial tone when I lift the receiver now, which means I can't make outgoing calls either.

Internet speed is ridiculously slow with very intermittent service which means we can't even watch the TV a lot of the time. (Now TV).

Many thanks 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Mick,

I'm really sorry for the delay in getting back to you. The line test has detected a possible line fault so I've escalated this over to Openreach now for an external line investigation to be completed. If you don't hear anymore by Wednesday then please post back here and we can re-check for an update on the fault for you.

Thanks