Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

home phones not working

19 REPLIES 19
M0FCG
Team Player

hi, went on chat yestoday to complain about windy crackling noise on both our phones went into doing all the tests told the young man that if i unplugged the master socket he would vanish, but he know best guess what i had to go through all the same questions again, so here goes the internet working ok some nights it slows down the games are slow and jerky and netflix and utube are so slow it stops to catch up speed, the  dials out but doesant conect to anything and its bad like a wind is on the line, ive rang our house phone nothing no ringing nothing, was told yestoday that it was our phones at  fault, so we bought new phones guess what the crackle and the wind still there waste of £45.

the talktalk guy said to take out the master socket and test that when i did this i got no phone no internet.

told to get back intouch with talktalk after an hour nothing.

roll on when my 12month is up think we will change to virgin or bt.

mike 

Mike
KeithFrench
Community Star

Hi @M0FCG 

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team

Hi M0FCG

I will look into this for you and get back to you. 

Regards

Community Team

Hi @M0FCG

We have picked up an electrical fault on the line, So i have passed this to our network team to investigate. 

I will let you know when they reply. 

Community Team

Hi @M0FCG

We have requested an engineer to go out to the exchange in the next 72 hours. 

We can check the fault ticket on Tuesday for an update

Regards

M0FCG
Team Player

hi we had a btopenreach guy visit test the in door cable and he said they were at fault he  said btopenreach charge £60 an hour to replace these, well we carnt afford to have them replaced as yet, my wife works and i carnt work at present and need the phone line for the local drs and hospital, so we are still with out a phone line, also i would like to point out that our internet keeps dropping my kids complained that the lag was terrible on there ps4 game stations, and ive notticed it in net flix and utube the films and programs stop wanting to catch up, and in my pc games the ping rate his high and the fps is low in games, we were told we could get 80mbps  this morning at about 2am i ran a speed test i got ping 52 download speed 22.25  and up load was 9.67, its not great and we will be looking for some where else when our contract is up.

weve been with you since you took over line one which is about 16 years, you would think that good customers would get good deals with talktalk, but no all your after is our money, we just had virgin media cables put in the street and with 300mbps that sounds like we will be going with them in the near future.

mike 

Mike
martswain
Philosopher

If the fault is in the internal wiring or equipment (apart from the TT router) after the master socket, then repairs are your responsibility.

Martin
Community Team

Hi M0FCG

Line tests are not picking up any faults. And the line is showing in sync at

Sync Status : In Sync

Downstream Speed = (MBPS)79.9

Upstream Speed  = (MBPS)20.0

Have you ran a test using an Ethernet cable? 

M0FCG
Team Player

hi, just been on phone to ex open reach engineer told him bt had moved the master socket to up stairs in stead of useing the down stairs one, he said i should get back intouch with bt as they have left you with out a phone or dialing tone, he said the problem could be between the new master socket bt installed and if so they need to fit new cable, he went on to say that he couldnt touch the master socket before this was done, we are a month on and still no phone and i need one to phone drs up and make appointments, so we are paying talktalk for just our internet not phone.

very un happy up to now, carnt phone bt openreach as talktalk supply our phone

mike 

Mike
Community Team

Hi @M0FCG

Sorry that is still ongoing. 

I will ask our network team to look into this. 

Regards

M0FCG
Team Player
i was booked in to see bt engineer from 8am to 1pm nobody turned up was threatened with if we was not in £65 bill but its ok for them to do this would we get rebursed for lost wages for today, trying to get intouch with talktalk is like trying to talk to elvis, really fed up now still no house phone, had 2 x independant bt engineers in both said same thing, where the old master socket was in the hall way, i had a extra socket put in by engineer few years back, bt came last year moved the master socket into my office, so the 2 x independant ex bt engineers say that seen as bt moved master socket they should renew cable from socket down stairs, as we can not touch what comes up to the exsisting master socket.
Mike
Community Team

Hi M0FCG

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I have contacted our Network Team in regards to this fault and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi M0FCG

BT Openreach have advised that this fault is scheduled for 20/06/19 and the job is in action. They have asked for us to check back for updates on 21/06/19. This is an external fault. Apologies for the delay.

Thanks

Debbie

M0FCG
Team Player
Hi, bt engineer came today diner time found inter Al fault now fixed, was working great up to 12.20 then talktalk Internet went off, phone working Internet in Hoyland Barnsley gone off, think its time to move to other service provider, as anybody Internet gone off?
Fed up now.
Mike
martswain
Philosopher

I hope you are aware that if the fault was internal and after the master socket, it will be chargeable.

Martin
Community Team

Hi M0FCG

Are you still having problems ?  Line tests are coming back clear. 

M0FCG
Team Player

hi, the phone is working great but the internet speed is not as fast as it was keep getting lag in games and the utube films we play are still trying to catch up same as the netflix films its stopping and starting, when our contract is up i will be looking for a faster server, we pay £42 for a phone and our internet of 80mbps.

bet we don't get compensated for the 7 weeks weve had no house phone.

Mike
Community Team

Hi @M0FCG

If you qualify for auto compensation you will receive a SMS/email or letter within 30 days of the fault being closed. 

We see your line in Sync 

Downstream Speed (MBPS)79.9

Upstream Speed (MBPS)20.0

What speeds are you seeing when you run speedtests.?

M0FCG
Team Player

hi, just got our bill for the month and im fuming and very mad i reported our house phone not working on the 2nd of may had engineer out and, but one of the days that talktalk arranged we were both in that day no engineer came at all, then i get a text msg saying we might get refunded for us not getting the service we were paying for, now just recieved a bill for £116 been billed for the engineer calling to our house i got told if i got charged it would be £65 not £74, i will be terminating my contract when its up thats for sure and telling all my friends that talktalk is rubbish and beleave me ive loads of friends on facebook and im in to amateur radio so you will get bad press, been with you since you took over lineone, seems like loyal customers dont get the treatment we deserve and new custmours get the best deals.

m0fcg 

I will be writing up to offcom...https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/media/media-releases/2017/automatic-compensation

Mike
martswain
Philosopher

As Arne has said, you should hear within 30 days of the fault being closed, it's only been 8 days so far.

I am sure your FB friends will enjoy reading your tales of woe, do post a link.

Somewhat surprised, you being an amateur radio enthusiast you could not identify your internal fault, don't they teach any fault finding these days ?

Formerly G4HZK, A4XYN and various ships.

Martin