Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

lanline not working

7 REPLIES 7
kimmage
First Timer

MY landline is not working, broadband is working, I already left a message on here. just give me a phone number to call, I am sick to death of being buggered about all over this website, telling me about this package and that package, just provide a contact phone number. if I don't get in contact with someone in the next 24 hours I will cancel everything.

KeithFrench
Community Star

Hi @kimmage 

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

OCE_Arne
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @kimmage

Thanks for your post, sorry that you are having problems.

If you would like us to look into this, please can you update your community profile to include your home telephone number, we will then be able to have a look at your  account.

To do this go into 'my settings' then 'personal information' then add your details.

Thanks

kimmage
First Timer

Hi again, I have put my phone information on my profile, it keeps telling me that my email is already in us on another account, well it isn't, I have received emails from talk talk . Technology sucks.

OCE_Arne

Hi  kimmage

Thanks for updating your profile.

I will run some tests and get back to you. 

Regards

OCE_Arne

Hi kimmage

Tests have picked up a fault so we have requested an engineer to go out to the exchange.

We can check the fault ticket next week

Regards

kimmage
First Timer

Thankyou oce_arne, whoever you are. There seems to be quite a few faults with landlines. Why is it so hard to find assistance via the phone. All the while I have been trying to find someone to speak to about the fault I saw comment after comment saying talk talk customer service is garbage, this is the first time I have needed assistance and I have to agree, not a good experience.

OCE_Arne

Hi kimmage

Unfortunately our call centers are in lockdown at this time,  its matters beyond our control.