Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

live chat

speedsport
Participant
Message 13 of 13

Why is it so difficult to contact Talk Talk? I want to renew my contract but after clicking on an offer link in a renewal email, my contract has failed to renew at the price offered and had defaulted to a standard full-price package that I can't afford.

I am deaf, so cannot telephone for assistance. Everywhere I look for help, I see that it's best to use live chat which is fine, but how do I find it? There's no tab anywhere on any of the pages to do with my account and no instructions on how to start a chat conversation.

Help!

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Morning,

Thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

speedsport
Participant
Message 2 of 13

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I still can't find the Chat button so there must be a setting on my computer that stops it appearing. But i've no idea how to find the control to change the setting.

Anyway, I ended up getting my son in law to phone TT and the agent soreted my renewal in mintes at the offer price, so I'm happy. Thanks again

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Thanks, I'd asked my son-in-law to help me, and he must have signed in on his account rather than mine. We are both with TalkTalk. We tried different browsers, so it must be a setting on my computer, but where I should go to edit it, I have no idea.

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Message 4 of 13

@speedsport ,

You should be seeing this:

Chat buttonChat button

If the chat button is not showing it's almost certainly caused by pop-up blocking within your browser or other security software on your device, as others have advised. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Hi @speedsport

Live chat is certainly working,  Try different browsers.

Are you aware you still have a year left on your current contract so admin fees may be applied for the early renewal.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

No I didn't, I don't have any ad blockers, so I'm still at a loss what to do!

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 8 of 13

You need to disable ad blockers and allow pop ups in the settings for the browser, @speedsport.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Thank you for your suggestion. I had already found the forst page you mention, but there isn't a Live Chat link or button on it or the other page, though it looks a sthough there should be. Thinking it might be a problem with my browser not displaying the page correctly (Firefox) I've tried MS Edge but still no link or button to start live chat.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

The renewal invitation dated 11/5/2022 that invited renewal of my contract that was due to expire on 14th June said:-

"The first option available for you is that you can stay on your existing service and automatically move to a new price of £32.14 per month.

"The second option available for you is to move onto a new, matching Fibre 35 contract for £23.50 per month** for another 24 months. Click here to order now"

I clicked the link on 9th June and accepted the second option. On the next screen was a message thanking me for signing up. It went on to say I would receive an email to confirm the service within 10 days, but I've heard nothing since.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 13
0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 12 of 13

If you wish to chat online, there is a link on this page.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/articles/our-live-chat-team/ta-p/2230529

Opening Hours can be found here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes