Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no dial tone but internet is fine

Whoamiuk1
Chatterbox
Message 9 of 9

I do not know how long this has been going on but must be over a week now. My phone works well at my mothers (also talktalk customer). I have tested my phone in the test socket and there is nothing. Not even crackling. My internet is fine.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi Whoamiuk1 

That's great, thanks for letting us know.

Debbie

0 Likes

Whoamiuk1
Chatterbox
Message 2 of 9

Good afternoon,

I can confirm that i now have dial tone, I can make and take calls again. My internet was never a problem and i still have no problem with it.

Thank you for your help in this.

Whoamiuk1

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi Whoamiuk1

Openreach have now advised that this fault should be resolved - Fault found in underground cable.

Please can you confirm is this fault has been fully resolved?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi Whoamiuk1

This fault has been assigned to a line engineer this morning, we should hopefully receive further updates later this afternoon.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi Whoamiuk1

This fault is still with the Openreach line engineer, no further updates have been provided at the moment.

I will continue to monitor for any additional updates.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi Whoamiuk1

It's ok, I've escalated this over to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer and we should receive further updates within the next 24-48hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Whoamiuk1
Chatterbox
Message 7 of 9

Hi Debbie, thank you for getting back to me. I hope this is not going to be a problem. I do not have any other phone. I only use the landline for internet and incoming calls from Doc's and Hospital that go straight to my answering machine. I dislike using phones so never got a mobile.

Whoamiuk1

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 9

Hi Whoamiuk1

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which has detected a potential fault.

Please can you add an alternative contact number (mobile number) to your Community Profile, I can then raise this over to Openreach for investigation.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes