Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

no dial tone

9 REPLIES 9
typoid
Participant

Hi can anyone help?

Recently gone on to Fibre. Since then callers to us have been getting another householder with a slight change of phone number.

We checked our phone and there is no dial tone. Ive changed filters, checked master socket all the usual tests but still no dial tone.

I still have internet and the phone is good.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @typoid 

The voice circuit has been mis-connected by Openreach. I've escalated this for the TalkTalk Team to refer this to Networks to get Openreach to reconnect you.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

typoid
Participant
Ta Gondola
Appreciated
OCE_Arne
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi typoid

I will look into this for you and get back to you. 

Regards

OCE_Arne

Hi @typoid

Are you able to dial 17070 on your handset, and note down the number that is read back to you. I fit is not your number then can you add it to the private notes section of your community profile. 

Thanks

typoid
Participant

Hi Arne

Sorry no. I have no dialing tone, completely silent. Dead

OCE_Karl

Hi typoid

I'll raise this to our network teams for an Openreach engineer.

As the usual line tests are clear, there is a little process we have to go through with BT, so I'll drop you a PM with the details required.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

OCE_Karl

Hi typoid

I've sent this across to networks to request the engineer for you.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

StanButler73
First Timer

i have no dial tone at all. it is totally dead. talktalk said they are investigating. anyone know what could be the matter? sounds like a exchange problem. wonder if openreach have been messing around and accidentally disconnected me???

OCE_Karl

Hi StanButler73

If you start your own thread (new message), wed love to help.

Weve found that posting in someone elses conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

Its easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl

Working From Home Tips