Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no phone line

fredo1
First Timer
Message 11 of 11

Phone line dead. internet working. Phone has been out of action for many days. Tried the 'help desk' they kept telling me to ring an 0345 number, I would if I could. they simply didn't understand the phrase I have no phone line. there is no mobile signal as I live in a mobile black spot. what happens in an emergency!!!! It appears a major problem as my neighbours are without phone as well, this includes a high priority individual. Appalling service

10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Thanks for confirming. Do you still hear the crackle/buzz with your telephone connected to your test socket and router disconnected? Please also see About your automatic compensation credit

Chris

0 Likes

fredo1
First Timer
Message 2 of 11

Phone working but background noise i.e. crackle/buzz.. I take it I will be compensated for not having a phone service, and the very poor customer service on your chat line will be addressed, see original response.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Hi fredo1,

The fault is now showing cleared and closed, is your phone line still dead?

Chris

0 Likes

fredo1
First Timer
Message 4 of 11

Are there any updates?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Hi

We do also have a live chat option for customers to contact us. As Debbie advised, this is in hand with Openreach for jointing work to repair so we now have to wait on Openreach to complete their work.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

it is appalling service when the help line says to ring an 0345 number and have no idea what is going on. Also being cut off by Ethan who could get my name right as he was busy with another problem.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

I will also continue to monitor for updates from Openreach.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 8 of 11

Accidents happen !

Have a look for a sheepish digger operator or evidence of a car crash into a pole or roadside cabinet.

It's not appalling service, just more than likely bad luck. 

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 11

Hi fredo1

I'm sorry to hear this.

I can see that this fault is with Openreach and cabling and jointing work is required to resolve this fault.

I will keep checking on this fault for additional updates from Openreach.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 10 of 11

@fredo1 please add your landline number to your community profile and wait for a staff reply.

If it's an area outage there may be details in the Service Status Dashboard.

DO NOT post any personal details here.