Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to make or receive calls home phone - Norfolk Area

First Timer
Message 3 of 3

My elderly parent has been without home phone for 36 hours.  chatline says I have to wait at least 72 hours for an engineer to check the exchange.  They are housebound,  with med condition.  The number just rings to callers but doesn't ring in the house.  Everyone worried as no contact can be made...  They cant use a mobile, and only wants a landline that works.  Is that too much to ask.   Its a lifeline.    I can see from other posts its becoming a common thing with Talk Talk


Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi natal


Are you parents still having the problem, Can you add their number to your profile and I can ask for an update. 




Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi @natal 


Here's the information about Priority Fault Repair. Openreach engineers do not usually work weekends or holidays to repair voice service faults.


You're confident that the fault has been reported and an Openreach engineer arranged to investigate?


Has a friend or neighbour been round to check if there's a dial tone heard from your parent's 'phone when trying to make an outgoing call.  If someone does visit it's useful if there is a dial tone to dial 17070 to make sure the 'phone service is properly connected. When dialling that number a voice will say "this service is defined as (and then the number)" and if it's not the correct number then that means the line has been mis-connected usually at the street cabinet or sometimes when a cable from the exchange is replaced and wrongly jointed.


Please do a quick check that your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here) your name, current landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add the same details for your parent's talktalk service with any relevant other notes and finally save changes. TalkTalk's Community Team OCE will then locate your parent's registered TalkTalk details.


Just confirm please if you have Power of Attorney / Authority to Act registered with TalkTalk or Nominated User status set up in respect of your parent's talktalk service. If you have it's much easier to manage with TalkTalk.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

 Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution