cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Can't disable home safe/kidsafe

11 REPLIES 11
Popular Poster

Hi I've been going crazy the past two weeks as I've been struggling with opening certain apps and websites such as Okcupid.com

I've  turned off home safe and kidsafe completely and yet it still blocks apps and sites? But if I turn it on, in case it's reversed somehow the website just returns an error message. When itsi off, it shows itsi blocked by home safe. I even tried whitelisting the site and that didn't work either.

Can you please resolve this issue by fixing it or conplecomp disavling/removing home safe from the package? I would like to have control over my apps and browsing.

Regards, Damian

Glen
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi GalenAltaiir1,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with Homesafe. Can you complete your Community Profile and we'll be happy to take a look at this for you

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Popular Poster

@OCE_Chris wrote:

Hi GalenAltaiir1,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with Homesafe. Can you complete your Community Profile and we'll be happy to take a look at this for you

Thanks

Chris"

Profile complete, and added public IP address to profile to make it easier to pinpoint.

Glen
Highlighted

HI GalenAltaiir1,

Thank for updating your profile but could you also please add your TalkTalk landline telephone number 

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Popular Poster

We don't use the landline, but I added the landline number to the profile. Both in private notes and alternate number.

Glen
Highlighted

Hi GalenAltaiir1,

Thanks for updating your profile, can you switch your router off and leave it off for about a minute then switch back on and retest. if you're then still experiencing problems can let us know which sites are affected and exactly what happens when you try to access the website 

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Seems that the issue is still prominent.

I've turned off the router as mentioned. The site still says is blocked and kidsafe is (supposedly) off. 

Sites affected are under dating category such as tinder or OkCupid. (www.okcupid.com / www.tinder.com) 

When I enter either one the following appears.Screenshot_20180727-183710.png

I have tried turning kidsafe on, off and then restarting the router (5min). But it doesn't change anything, nor does whitelisting.

Glen
Highlighted

Hi 

What happens if you turn kidsafe on and add the site to the allowed list? 

Highlighted
Popular Poster

It doesn't work..

Glen
Highlighted

Hi GalenAltaiir1.

I've done a port reset so can you reboot the router and retest, please let us know how you get on

Do you experience this issue on more than one device?

Chris

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Thank you, seems the port reset hasn't solved the issue unfortunately. Turned off KidSafe and redet the router with a 5 minute interval. It still says the likes of tinder and OkCupid or even lottery weveiwes. (And apps) 

This is an issue across multiple devices, those being mobile. We don't use a PC atm.

Glen
Highlighted

Hi GalenAltaiir1, I've raised a fault ticket for you. This needs the higher level support staff to investigate and correct the issue. Please let us know how you get on. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.