Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Contradictory messages - F-Secure not working but status says protected

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Popular Poster

I get a daily Windows security notification to say my F-Secure is not working. But when I log in to TalkTalk account, I can see I am still paying for it. And when logging into the Supersafe account, it says 'Your subscription is valid'.

With these contradictory messages, it is not clear if I am protected or not. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Adrian24, have you checked in safeavenue to see if the device is showing as protected? 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi Ady

I don't know what you mean by safeavenue. Would you be able to tell me how to check it?

Many thanks

Highlighted

Hi Adrian24, safeavenue is your online access to manage your existing and new devices. You can access it via this link.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi

Thank you for that.

I logged in and the status says 'Your subscription is valid'

But the other thing I noticed when using my bank account this morning is that the protection did not automatically come on.

Highlighted

What site were you on when Banking protection didn't come online?

Ady

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi, was on www.santander.co.uk. And using Firefox browser.

Highlighted

Ok could you try again and if it fails run the fsdiag test from 

https://www.f-secure.com/gb-en/home/support/tools once that's done can you send the result to me in an email to supersafeboost@talktalkplc.com with your username in the subject field so that I can identify your message. 

Ady

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi, I ran this and the size of the zip file was about 10 Mb, so after sending it I got "Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender". 

Highlighted

I just tested the mailbox and it's receiving mail normally. 10mbps should go though. 

Ady

Highlighted

supersafeboost@talktalkplc.com is the address. I've just retyped it in case I'd left a space before. 

Ady

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi Ady, I have sent it again earlier this morning. Thank you.

Highlighted

Thanks I've got the file and sent it over to the Fsecure team to investigate it for you. I'll post back once I've heard back.

Ady

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi,

Have you heard anything back yet?

Thanks

Highlighted

Unusually for Fsecure I haven't had a response. I've sent a chaser to the team. 

Ady

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Ady

Could you ask when I can expect a response?

Thank you

Highlighted

We're way overdue. I've sent a chaser and will keep going until I hear back for you. I'm really really surprised, fsecure support are better than this normally. 

Ady

Highlighted
Popular Poster

I am not impressed by F-Secure's customer service. It is now over two months.