Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

DSL 3782 has no free internet time restrictions

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
First Timer

I recently received the new DSL 3782 router and compaired to the old TalkTalk router, this new one is a step backwards for parents. The old router had a hidden parental controls page to set WiFi time limits and block URLs without costing a penny. Now the new DSL 3782 router doesn't come with WiFi time limits and costs you £2 a month, when previously I could do it for free.

As I am not paying for parental controls I am left with no way to regulate my kids internet times.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Jake hern, Homesafe and kidsafe are free services included in your contract. They give you controls to block websites etc. Are you thinking of AntiVirus protection being £2 per month?

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
First Timer

Thank you for clearing it up that it's free. But now I've got another problem. I've noticed that I can't select individual devices I want to turn the internet off for unlike the old hidden parent controls page. And to add to that I set a homework time and it didn't turn the internet off. 

Highlighted

If you add your landline number to your profile I can take a look at your account to see what is happening with Homesafe. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi, did you find out how to restrict time spent on the internet for specific devices? I want to restrict my daughter's access on her iphone, which I used to do on the router, but now that I have a dsl-3782, I can't. 

Highlighted

Hi suewinter1, we don't currently have a device blocking option. I've asked the product manager in charge of this area if she can tell me if and when we've got something coming online. I'll post back once I get a reply for you. 

Highlighted

DOH. I'd completely forgotten we have exactly what you need in the SuperSafe boost. It's called family rules and allows you to control any registered device and user. Take a look at the help article for family rules for the Iphone