Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

F-Secure Suspicious e-mail

ANSWERED
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Problem Solver

Today received e-mail from TT saying they had detected a virus on one of my devices and should go to my account and turn on F-Secure. This has been turned on for more than a year and account is still valid. Scanning my computer (this is  the only way i contact TT) with F- Secure, Hitman Pro, Malwarebytes and MS Malware removal tool all turned up clean. I hesitate to report it as phishing as i recently renewed my contract and it may be a follow up thing. Please advise thanks.

Highlighted
Community Star
Solution

Hi @kobaltx

You're the fourth customer (to my knowledge) to report this particular email from info@consumer.talktalkplc.com.

The previous examples have checked out as genuine and are triggered by the network security system detecting suspicious patterns related to your connection. Do you think any users of the internet at your home might have inadvertently triggered the security by visiting some potentially unsafe sites?  And your router wi-fi password is strong and secure to prevent any unauthorised use?

You can as the email says check it out with the TalkTalk phishing email address.  Or post a screenshot image here after obscuring any personally identifiable details.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Problem Solver

Thanks for your reply,probably was me. Some sites that were safe now seem to be unsafe. Many need blockers turned off. Don't like it but needs must. I'll let the e-mail go as i suspected it was genuine but worth checking. Thanks again

Highlighted
Community Star

...No worries.

I expect we'll see more of these reports as TalkTalk have obviously ramped up security in the light of the recent joint UK and US statement on malicious cyber attacks.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer