Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

F-Secure crashes/freezes windows 10 1903 PC

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Team Player

Every time I start a manual scan (Any type of scan) within 10 to 23% of the start of this scan My PC Stops dead on screen everything become totally unresponsive.

I force a shutdown in the only way which is to Power button the thing off.

Windows Event logs detect no fault on the system only with F-Secure as it always stops and or freezes on a svchost.exe file.  There is no way of uninstalling Windows Defender as it's built into the operating system also there are two built in Defenders both report no faults.  Shall reun a Malicious software scan but I already know the NO NE will be found

Steve Devey
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi steve4574, have you tried removinf Fsecure with the Fsecure removal tool and then reinstalling it in case the software is corrupt. If not give it a go and let us know how you get on.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Team Player
Uninstalled and reinstalled with tool more than once and it still happens.
Steve Devey
Highlighted

The next step then will be to run the fsdiag on the same page of tools as the uninstall tool. This will produce details of what's going on that we can send to Fsecure for investigation.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Team Player
Checked its version licence Certificate and it is not valid ended 19th June so I have confirmed that Windows has prevented this invalid program from running on its system. Hence the crashes

Summary Fact - Talk Talk (F-Secure) Certificate valid from 23/03/2019 to 19/06/2019,
Steve Devey
Highlighted

Do you mean that the FSDIAG certificate is out of date?

Highlighted
Team Player
No Talk Talk's F-Secure version program at least the one i downloaded from TT Site and installed (Crashed) because its Certificate (Digital) one id not valid, FACT!. There are differences between the Actual "F-Secure" site Trial version it is Blue and it does not crash, However Talk's Crashable version is Green. I experimented so I tested Trial actual version from F-Secure on An old windows 7 Pro, same spec Dell PC and it completed task with no faults or crashes
Steve Devey
Highlighted

I've got no one else reporting that. Did you download it using the link in the welcome mail?

Highlighted
Team Player
Well I seem to be the 1st an achievement then, but I assure you it crashes the PC to a still dead state. and the F-Secure link was downloaded within my account using the security settings within the Talk Talk site hence Talk Talks problem to deal with
Steve Devey
Highlighted

As I say I'd expect to see others reporting the issue and or for Fsecure to have updated any defective software. I've resent the welcome mail to you which will include the correct link for the software. You need to first remove the software using the Fsecure removal tool that I linked to already. You also need to ensure that your OS is fully up to date and no other AV is running on the device before you install Fsecure. Please let me know how you get on. 

Highlighted
Team Player
No difference it still crashed my PC, look at Event Viewer, Proof if needed. My rough guess is the two Service hosts.exe (1) Windows built in & (2) F-Secure these 2 host's collide and PC stops dead as protection Also check it's Digital Certificate

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
<Provider Name="Application Hang" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1002</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>101</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-08-06T07:14:51.478858000Z" />
<EventRecordID>2808</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>DELL-745</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
- <EventData>
<Data>fshoster32.exe</Data>
<Data>1.25.163.0</Data>
<Data>17b4</Data>
<Data>01d54c24ee493b59</Data>
<Data>4294967295</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\TalkTalk\SuperSafe\fshoster32.exe</Data>
<Data>0accff21-c7aa-48d4-bce3-f11aeca663a8</Data>
<Data />
<Data />
<Data>Top level window is idle</Data>
<Binary>54006F00700020006C006500760065006C002000770069006E0064006F0077002000690073002000690064006C00650000000000</Binary>
</EventData>
</Event>
Steve Devey
Highlighted

Event viewer is no good to the Fsecure team. Please run FSDIAG that will give the Fsecure team all the information they need. Once you've got the results you can send them to supersafeboost@talktalkplc.com please make sure your community username is in the subject line. 

Highlighted
Team Player

What file or files do they require as I have run diag, and Email do not send folders

Steve Devey
Highlighted

If you can copy and past the FSDIAG results into an email and send it to the address I gave you that will give them everything they need. 

Team Player
Cannot copy nor Paste folders
Steve Devey
Highlighted
Team Player
Folders do not copy nor past into Emails
Steve Devey
Highlighted

Here are the instructions for FSDIAG 

In Windows

1. Click Start.
  2. Select All Programs > (your F-Secure product) > Support Tool.

The Support Tool window is displayed.

3. Click OK.

The tool starts gathering information. It creates the output file on your desktop. The name of the archive file isfsdiag.zip (or fsdiag.tar.gz). Note that the size of the file is usually less than 10 MB but, with corporate users, the file size may be as large as 100 MB.

4. Once you have been contacted by our customer support via email, attach the FSDIAG file to your email response.

Our email message contains the ticket ID of your support request. Please save the ticket ID as you may need it later for reference.

Highlighted
Team Player
Already sent the folder using an old Computer trick from when I had Windows XP Compress the folder then .Zip it it will fit within an Email
Steve Devey
Highlighted

Great stuff, I'll forward the email to the Fsecure team.