Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Gotomypc Blocked Please help me

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Please please please can somebody help. I had this problem roughly a month a go now and it was easily resolved over the phone.  Today the same problem has returned and I am so frustrated and infuriated that nobody has a clue how to resolve this.  I have been using this site for my job everyday for the past two years, with no issues at all and now TT have blocked me from accessing it. I have spoken to various call centres that basically cannot grasp or understand what my issue is, both via telephone and web chat. I am extremely frustrated that nobody knows how to resolve this. I am being told it’s an outage issue (which makes no sense) and I must wait 48-72 hours!!! To see if it will be fixed. Will TT reimburse my loss of earnings for the the days I am unable to work??? If you can block this site after I have been using it for two years with no issue you can easily unblock it, surely??? Please please please can somebody help I need to work and cannot without access to this site. If you will not allow me access I have to cancel my contract and go to another provider.  This is terrible service I have been a loyal customer for many years now. 

Bellasp
Highlighted
First Timer

Hi Bellasp,

I had the same problem but cured it by turning ON childsafe and adding the website that I was blocked from by adding an exception to childsafe and saving it.

Hope this may help you.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi, I already tried this and it did not work for me 😫

Bellasp
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Sophie

Under normal circumstances the reply from Rick is perfect advice and should work. It is working for me right now because I recently tested it for another customer and I'd left it set up.

However, there are undisclosed issues resulting in the configuration not working for some customers as mentioned in Service Status (Website icon).

You could try the workaround of forcing a switch off of Scam Protection and KidsSafe by logging in to your MyAccount > My Services > View HomeSafe settings and switching on Scam Protection and KidsSafe waiting 5 minutes then switching off both and waiting 5 minutes. Whilst waiting, clear the browser cache / history.

If you're not taking advantage of the security features of HomeSafe / KidsSafe then test with the workaround of using a different DNS setting in the router.

Here is the advice and router setup needed for using a Third Party DNS (Click here)

Try Quad9 and Google DNS: Primary - 9.9.9.9. and Secondary 8.8.8.8.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Philosopher

@Bellasp, suggest you read TT Terms and Conditions, you should not be using a home contract for business purposes UNLESS TT have agreed to it.

There is no compensation available for loss of earnings.

http://www.talktalk.co.uk/media/pdf/legal/TalkTalk_Customer_Terms_and_Conditions_v20180110.pdf

I am having trouble with HomeSafe blocking sites too, changing DNS is a fix.

Martin
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Thank you for your message, although this does not work for me either. PLEASE CAN SOMEONE FROM TALK TALK COME AND RESOLVE THIS FOR ME IM AM SO ANNOYED 

Bellasp
Highlighted
Popular Poster
Sorry but what do I type in the DNS server box on my Mac?
Bellasp
Highlighted
Community Star

...nobody has said anything about making changes to your MAC. It's the DNS setting in your TalkTalk supplied router that the TalkTalk guide may help you with as a temporary workaround.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Sorry Gondola but I have not got a clue on how to change the DNS settings!! I am using a Mac and I presumed I go into system preferences>networks>advance>DNS..... then it gives you the option to add a code! What shall I put in???

Bellasp
Highlighted
Community Star

...my first post said:

If you're not taking advantage of the security features of HomeSafe / KidsSafe then test with the workaround of using a different DNS setting in the router.

Here is the advice and router setup needed for using a Third Party DNS (Click here)

https://help2.talktalk.co.uk/using-3rd-party-dns

Try Quad9 and Google DNS: Primary - 9.9.9.9. and Secondary 8.8.8.8.

If you have the DSL-3782 router let me know.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

So basically I need to follow these steps 68BE6BF7-FB9E-413C-BB77-413AE81F9597.png

Bellasp
Highlighted
Community Star

...if those are the instructions for your specific router. The router model type is on the back label.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

I have just been through the steps for my router and it does not work! I click add at the end and nothing happens 

Bellasp
Highlighted
Community Star

I've drawn this topic to the attention of the TalkTalk Community support team of OCE's and they'll respond to you right here to help you.

Leave your router powered and connected to the line until you hear from the OCE's.  They'll check the connection and the router and will ensure Networks are aware that your service is one of those impacted by the HomeSafe issue alerted in Service Status.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Thank you.  I really hope someone can resolve this quickly.  It is an absolute joke

Bellasp
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Bellasp, the other members have given you the right advice. It seems you're being affected by the incident that's giving problems with HomeSafe. If you keep an eye on the service status page updates will be added as they are provided. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.