Need help?

HOME SAFE / KIDSAFE NOT WORKING

28 REPLIES 28
Highlighted
Participant

Homesafe/kidsafe not working:

It is turned on in my account settings

Used to block all over 18 content.

Anything can now be accessed, I have children in my house.

What is the problem here? I tried to access the router but it says my password or name doesn't match even though it should, just using the details on the back of the router. 

I also have a spare identical router which I tried and its the same so the problem is with TALKTALK. This needs sorted. 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi,

We're happy to look into this for you. So I can find your details, can you update your community profile to include your home phone number.

If you don’t know your phone number, don’t worry, you can add your account number.

To check your phone number, you can dial 17070 from your home phone.

To update your info, go to 'My Settings'. then 'Personal Information', add your details, then click 'Save Changes' at the bottom when done.

You can also follow this link : Update My Profile

Let me know when you have done this.

Thanks

Karl

Highlighted
Participant

Mobile added. 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

I've had a look, and Kids Safe is fully enabled.  Can you power off the router at the mains for 30 minutes.  This will clear the current session.  When you power the router on, retest again and see if the desired websites are blocked.  If not, then we can turn Kids safe off the on again to see if this clears the issue before escalating.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
Participant

I will try that thanks. 

Highlighted
Participant

Turned off router at mains for over 30 mins, turned kids safe off and then on.

Still no sites being blocked. I can access content which is supposed to be blocked. 

Home safe worked fine for years, what's the problem? It's as though it's completely off. 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

I've passed this to networks to take a look. 

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
Participant

Thanks.

How long will this take? My children are at risk. This was the main reason we went with talk talk.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Andy Young, we've been asked to get you to confirm that you tested in a different browser and that you'd cleared cookies and cache. I'd also ask that you confirm the DNS settings you are currently using. 

Highlighted
Participant

Cookies and cache cleared. No protection evident from homesafe/kidsafe using either safari or chrome. It's like the protection is non existent. 

DNS settings: 192.168.1

Homesafe/kidsafe is not working on any device connected to the wifi. All cache and cookies cleared off phone, still no protection. 

I have also tried a spare talk talk router and the results are the same. 

Highlighted
Community Team

Thanks for confirming that for us. I'll update the ticket. 

Highlighted
Participant

Is this close to being sorted? No home safe/kidssafe working on any device still despite being switched on. 

Highlighted
Community Team

I've sent a chaser to the team for you. I've not seen any other reports of it not working, which should mean it's just your account and therefore easier to fix. Please chase tomorrow if you don't hear back from me. 

Highlighted
Participant

Still not working, why is this taking so long?

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Andy Young, these things can take a while. I've sent a chaser to the texhs looking into this for you. I'll post back once I hear anything for you. 

Highlighted
Participant

I see from the threads I'm not the only one having this problem. It's getting ridiculous now. If you cannot provide the services I've paid for, you are breaching my contract with you and I would like to leave and go to another provider. I would like an update please. 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Andy Young, I've been asked to get you to google Whats my IP and send me a personal message with the result. I've got someone looking into this for us and he's asked for this and for me to provide system info from our side. 

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Just for info I reported this same issue on Sunday so the post above that only you are having the issue is nonsense they dont seem to have any interest in resolving it either. I even got told on livechat that Kidsafe doesnt block anything and I have to put the addresses of all the sites I want blocked in manually unbelievable just wanted rid of me. I was furious for 2 days then left TalkTalk absolutely disgraceful lack of customer care

Highlighted
Participant

Messaged you as requested. 

Highlighted
Participant

Hi there, yes it's really frustrating. What they told you on livechat isn't true at all. Kid safe was blocking any of the tick boxed subjects plus others, I've never entered any address in my life to get it blocked. It has worked fine for me until recently when I realised I could access stuff I shouldn't be able to, nothing is working on the filters at all. 

I've noticed when I type in whats my IP into google it's different from the talk talk router IP don't know if that anything to do with it, although my internet settings on my computer say its connected to the talk talk router IP address so who knows.