cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

HOME SAFE / KIDSAFE NOT WORKING

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi Andy after giving up on TalkTalk taking any interest in sorting this out. I have discovered a way of blocking the majority of the filth on the web.If you go to Cleanbrowsing.org it takes you through it.

Log into your Router (by putting 192.168.1.1 in the address bar you can access your router got this from TalkTalk site) the sign in details are under the removable password tab on the router.

Once into the router go to Dashboard - See Internet Settings - Manage Advanced Settings - TalkTalk WiFi Hub - then the DNS tab

In the DNS tab change the settings to the ones given on Cleanbrowsing.org 

185.228.168.168  put it in on both spaces as it wont let you leave one blank. and save.

I then tried searching for inappropriate websites and all are blocked that I clicked on.

Hopefully a temporary fix until TalkTalk sort it out for you

Let me know how you get on. Cheers Scott

Highlighted
Participant

The IP address I get when I google 'whats my IP' is different from the talk talk router IP, is that usual? 

Highlighted
Community Star

The router IP address and the DNS IP address are entirely different.

Highlighted
Participant

Cheers for that info. I just don't get why it would suddenly disappear, it was a pretty good filter. 

Does the clean browsing thing block too much stuff or just inappropriate for kids stuff? 

Highlighted
Participant
Thanks.
Highlighted
Community Star

No idea, it is a third-party DNS server so you need to check for yourself if it meets your needs and whether there are any issues with it. I am confident that the OCE here will sort things out with the TalkTalk service though.

Highlighted
Participant
I hope so because it's weird it's just stopped working.
Highlighted
Community Star

OK, so make sure you have sent the IP address to OCE Ady as requested earlier and wait until he responds.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

It does block other things but its just a temporary fix to keep the kids safe. I think given the length of time and responses Ive had from TalkTalk  they have little interest in sorting this out so I'm leaving them to it. Good luck getting yours sorted. Cheers Scott