ANSWERED
23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Can not change the filter to turn off Scam Protection 

MR ROBBIE A SYKES
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi robbiesykes95, if you add your landline to your profile I'll be able to take a look at this for you. 

Highlighted
Popular Poster

How?

MR ROBBIE A SYKES
Highlighted
Community Star

Click here.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Ive filled most of it in but I can't add a Landline because I don't have one in my home.

MR ROBBIE A SYKES
Community Star

Yes you do, that's how you get your Broadband even if you don't use a landline phone. Login to My Account and/or check any of your bills and it will be on there. Failing that, put your account number in there.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Oh yeah, Perfect thanks for that man.

MR ROBBIE A SYKES
Highlighted
Community Star

No problem.

Highlighted
Popular Poster
Still waiting on a fix?
MR ROBBIE A SYKES
Highlighted
Community Star

OK, I have moved this to another area and flagged it again, hopefully you will get a response soon.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi robbiesykes95,

Scam protection is still showing as on in My Account (Homesafe settings), have you tried switching it off in My Account? If you have then what happens when do this?

Chris

Highlighted
Popular Poster

I just can't switch the filter to off there is no button to like save changes and it just changes back to on 

MR ROBBIE A SYKES
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi robbiesykes, what device and OS are you using when you try to turn it off? 

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Laptop windows 10, Google Chrome 

MR ROBBIE A SYKES
Highlighted
Community Team
Solution

Me too, I wonder why you're not seeing the confirmation window? Do you have popups blocked?

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Yep I did haha and that solved it I paused ad block and was able to turn it off perfect! Thank you for your help appricate it something as simple as that haha.

MR ROBBIE A SYKES
Highlighted
Community Team

That's great news. Thanks for posting back to let us know you've got it sorted. 

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi can anyone please help me?  I have spent 2 days talking to 6 different operators at TalkTalk all of whom cannot advise me how to turn off scam protection.  I keep getting told MyAccount is down so I will not be able to save changes on the Scam Protection Off Filter.

Highlighted
Community Star

@Mikeyp11 It is best to start your own topic rather than post on someone else's.

Highlighted
First Timer

Thank you for your reply, I cannot find start a topic anywhere!!! This is so user unfriendly!