cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Missing desk top icon

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Another with the fault would be good too jbuchanangb please.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Philosopher

I have sent that one now.

surfing from my 10 years old Dell Inspiron 545, running Windows 10 and using a Realtek RTL8811AU Wireless LAN USB Network Adapter to connect to Sagemcom FAST 5364 router
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi 

Am new to this community so don't know if i should add here i also today have lost the icon for online defence from my desktop says file contains no icons

Highlighted

Thanks very much. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Philosopher

Hello @Petewalker 

Your name is added to the list to the list. As you can tell from the earlier posts in this thread, there is a workaround which you can do yourself, and TalkTalk are working with F-Secure to get a proper fix.

It is a cosmetic problem. Clicking on the non-icon still opens the application, and everything else is fine.

No doubt Ady will tell us when the fix is being rolled out.

surfing from my 10 years old Dell Inspiron 545, running Windows 10 and using a Realtek RTL8811AU Wireless LAN USB Network Adapter to connect to Sagemcom FAST 5364 router
Highlighted
First Timer

Hi, joined talk talk today and can confirm the icon is still missing on the app shortcut and appears as a blank square on the system tray.

Highlighted

The fsecure techs have confirmed that they're still investigating this. I'll provide updates when I have them for you. 

Ady

Highlighted
Chat Champion
Just thought I'd add my voice to the thread. Annoying space on the bottom right of my Taskbar where the TT Supersafe icon should be. It's been like this since the latest update (17.7). Firefox under Windows 10 Home.
Highlighted

Thanks all, the team are still investigating this for us. I'm hoping it won't take too long to be resolved. 

Ady

Highlighted

I'm told the fix should have taken place yesterday, but it didn't and we're investigating why not. I'm hoping this means the fix is very nearly here. I'll keep you posted.

Ady

Highlighted

I'm told the fix should have taken place yesterday, but it didn't and we're investigating why not. I'm hoping this means the fix is very nearly here. I'll keep you posted.

Ady

Highlighted
Participant

Thanks for update Ady

Fingers crossed

Regards

CHM

Charles Computers & Repairing Computers F1 Motor Racing
Highlighted

You're welcome.

Ady

Highlighted
Philosopher

It can't be that difficult, particularly since I told you the cause of the problem on day 1 of this thread (20/11/2019)

Just the icon disappeared. I have diagnosed that issue now. The icon file was a PNG file saved with the wrong file extension. I saved it again as an icon, deleted the incorrect file and replaced it with the new one in the proper folder.

Good job I'm not holding my breath for the chaps at F-Secure to figure it out.

Highlighted

Oh yeah don't hold your breath. Or if you do get guiness book of records there first. 

Fsecure are really good and I'm sure they're doing their best to get the fix in place.

Ady

Highlighted
Popular Poster

these changes by F secure have caused havoc, had f secure for 5 yr through virgin media. just paid £25 a year then everything lost f secure could not find my subs or anything about me ?  (6 yr)  that is when i decided to try talk talk security.  mind boggling. got my link back but no logo

Highlighted

They're still working to fix the missing icons. I've sent a chaser today to find out when we can expect a fix.

Ady

Highlighted
Philosopher

They must have cracked it by now!

But it is such a trivial thing that they will probably wait until they have a significant release to distribute and include it as part of a bigger bundle.

Highlighted

I'm sure they'll want to test that the changes to the package don't adversely affect anything else and that the update when they run won't corrupt etc. I know that's what we do for updates.

Ady

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Just out of interest, the icon is missing from Banking Protection on the Taskbar as well. Probably for the same reason.

I really don't understand how something as simple, yet so obvious, as this could get through QA, or would even happen in the first place!