Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Need to disable fast 5364 firewall

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Participant

In order to connect a new security camera into my network, I need to temporarily disable the router firewall. There seems to be no facility to do this in the router software, only a facility to change the firewall protection level. Can anyone help?

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

You cannot disable the router firewall, but this should never be required when connecting devices such as an IP camera.

You may need to set up port forwarding to connect to a specific machine or set up Dynamic DNS services to access the camera from outside your local network.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Participant

Thanks for your reply. Now I am stymied. One of the requirements to link the light to the router is 'Disable your router's firewall'. I have been trying to get the light (Lutec ESA) to link to the router now for 3 days, including resetting the light, uninstalling the app from the tablet, resetting the router, but it fails every time. I have to switch the light off at night because the flood light is On during darkness and the only way to adjust that is from my tablet via the router. Anyone any further suggestions?

Highlighted

Hi

Most decent routers will have firewall protection, and I've never come across any device before that asks that you turn off the firewall before you connect an automation device.

As this will be connecting to wifi, I would advise that you log into the router first, and separate the wifi channels.  To give you an example, I have my 2 channels set as home2 and home5, so I know if I need to connect only to 2.4ghz wifi I just select Home2.

There are a few youtube videos showing how to connect this type of light, but none mention disabling router firewall.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9hZ_ajwICU

Try searching youtube for other videos to see if they also help with guiding you through the connection process.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Participant

Once again, thanks for a quick reply. I disabled the 5ghz chanel as one of my tries, again, without success. I've done everything your Youtube link suggested.

Highlighted

Hi

I can only suggest looking at more videos in youtube for additional help.

I could swap out your router for a different model that may have more configurable options.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips