would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Overactive banking protection

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi,

When I visit certain sites, like Ebay, banking protection pops up, as expected (it even pops up when I click on the bookmark folder that contains such sites!).  When I close that page and close the banking protection drop down tab, it's still there in the background and is interfering with certain other sites.  A recent example is trying to upload files to Medafire.  When I opened up the Mediafire page I got a banking protection warning (why?), which I dismissed.  I then tried to upload files but couldn't.

Suspecting that the culprit was banking protection, I restarted the computer and went straight to Mediafire, so banking protection wasn't activated.  The files loaded OK.

I've checked the F-Secure settings and Mediafire is an allowed site.  What's going wrong?

Thanks,

Ian

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Ian, if it does the same again could you run the FSDIAG for me and email the results to supersafeboost@talktalkplc.com.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi,

I responded to an email asking for an FSDIAG file, which I supplied.  I haven't had any feedback but have just tried to recreate the problem I had with Mediafire and find that I can now upload files without any difficulty, even after the banking protection has been activated.  It thus appears to have been sorted.

Thanks,

Ian

Highlighted
Community Team

That's great Ian. Thanks for posting back to let us know.