Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Supersafe not working

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Popular Poster

For a couple of weeks now since moving home my PC keeps flashing up a message that I'm not protected because of a malfunction in my supersafe and u should reboot. After rebooting the message still pops up. I have rang talktalk but they can't help and advised me to go on the forum. I have cancelled super safe and then added it to my account again but still no message from f-secure. I read that they only send you a password onceonce the only e-mail I can find from them is a news letter back in 2013. So I try the reset password method but I haven't had a reply this has happened twice over the last week meanwhile I'm not protected can you help? 

Oldman
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi marrandco, safe avenue shows that 1 device is installed and protected. Is that supposed to be the device you're posting about? If it is have you tried removing the software with the Fsecure Removal tool and then reinstalling it? 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

yes it is just the one pc I am just trying the uninstall bit. what happens is that a box opens up saying I a not protected and to re-boot but when I reboot after a couple of seconds the box opens again to say I am unprotected reboot but I am just finishing off the uninstall and will let you know when I reinstall f-secure many thanks

Oldman
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hello. Trouble! I have just uninstalled supersafe but I cant find out how to install it again, all the talktalk shortcuts have disappeared ?? 

Oldman
Highlighted

I've resent the welcome mail for you. It will almost certainly end up in your spam folder. Just follow the link in that email. 

If you need more help just shout. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

No. no luck I cant find a spam folder for starters. I went back into talktalk and re registered for super safe down loaded it as requested and clicked on run then it asked me to log in and that's when it all goes wrong I use my e-mail address but whatever password I put in  it tells me its wrong. I have used all the passwords I have ever used. I have found the original e-mail from fsecure back in 2016 and have tried that password but still no go it wont let me log in ??

Oldman
Highlighted

You need to go to TalkTalk webmail and login to the email address you use for MyAccount. You have a spam folder by default webmail. The mail will be there. You need to find the mail in order to do the password reset and be able to login. 

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hello I have just been into the spam folder and found several e-mails with a link to click on I have tried them all but they all have a line through the link and do not work ?? sorry

Oldman
Highlighted
Popular Poster

I have just copied the link and its telling me it has expired to request a new one ??

Oldman
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi I have just been into the folder and found several but the link doesn't work so I have just copied it and pasted and its saying the link has expired ??

Oldman
Highlighted
First Timer

Same problem as marrandco. Spent five days from 8 Aug. phone or chat with 6 different Agents.

Eventually told SuperSafe not compatible with Windows 7. Went and bought Norton.

Now checked TT website again, says OK with Windows 7 (all versions). Is it or isn't it?

Highlighted

Hi marrandco, I've resent the mail again for you. Please let us know how you get on.

Highlighted

Hi Beattie, please start your own thread and I'll be happy to help. 

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi ady allbis working well now thanks I have a new password for f secure and am now able to uninstall the software and reinstall it no problem and my pc stays protected now many thanks

Oldman
Highlighted

You're very welcome. Thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted.