would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

The flashing light....

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
First Timer

Hi there. 

I've had a problem over the past week now where my broadband just cuts out. Starts having it's own little rave flashing Amber constantly, until it decides to reconnect. I've had openreach out twice already, everything's running fine, he even replaced the socket n what not and provided me with a new router as he couldn't detect any fault.... Now I'm expecting my third visit from him! Poor blokes being fed haribo by my child n gunna end up hating his job. In all seriousness though I'm now sat here with no broadband, nothings been resolved n probably won't be resolved. I'm getting fed up now. Can anyone just tell me what is actually wrong?? Why am I paying for a service I'm not receiving? I feel like I'm being fobbed off with the same scripted conversation every time I have to contact the chat team and getting no where. 

🙂
Highlighted
Community Star

Have you tried moving the router to the test socket & use a new microfilter? I have attached a guide on master sockets & the location of the test socket.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
First Timer
Had the socket replaced to a pre-filtered one. Do you think the grey wire connecting the socket n router could be the problem? I've just been thinking that's the only thing that hasn't been replaced.
Thanks for the advice.
🙂
Highlighted
Community Star

First off you need to move the router to the test socket as I said, because that is the demarcation point between the ISPs responsibility & what is your responsibility. If it is still bad at the test socket then TalkTalk may decide you need a replacement router, which will include a new grey RJ11 cable.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they?