cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Anyone Installed Safari 12?

Community Team

You're welcome. I've not heard back yet, but I'll keep chasing. 

guylister
First Timer

I'm having the same problem with Safari 12. Any updates on when this will be fixed? Seems to be dragging on a bit. 

Hey...
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @guylister

F-Secure updated their website on Friday 12 October re browsing protection is not yet supported in the Safari 12 browser.  And saying "We have started the automatic updates (for F-Secure SAFE 17.4 for Mac)."  So I'd expect the follow on update for SuperSafe Boost to happen fairly soon as SuperSafe is based on F-Secure SAFE.

SuperSafe updates do take place automatically.

In the meantime, F-Secure say "we recommend that you use one of the alternative browsers (Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox) to have access to their browsing protection features".

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

guylister
First Timer
Ok thanks Gondola. Appreciate that. Will just have to wait then.
Hey...
Stoker
Super Duper Contributor
I see a new version of F-Secure is available today.
Community Team

Hi Stoker, I'm told that our Fsecure should be working with Safari 12 now. Please let me know if you find it's not. 

Stoker
Super Duper Contributor
Hi Ady

It does notify me when I am entering an on-line bank. As far as I remember it used to rate websites giving a green tick to those that are considered safe and a red x to any considered dodgy but it doesn't seem to do that anymore - is this correct?
Community Team

I've not got access to that combination of products so I've asked the Product Manager to take a look for you. I'll post back once I hear more. 

Stoker
Super Duper Contributor

I have been experiencing the dreaded beachballing when browsing and suspect it has something to do with browsing protection which seems to use a lot of cpu time.

I have temporarily uninstalled the F-Secure product to see if it makes a difference.

Coffee_Head_21
Chatterbox

I've been noticing much higher CPU usage and temps since the F Secure updates as well.

Community Team

Thanks for the feedback, I've passed it on to the product manager. I'll post back when I hear anything.

guylister
First Timer

Hi there. The new update has not helped me. Attached picture is what is shown under the Supersafe icon. Any ideas?Screenshot 2018-10-26 at 14.43.52.png

Hey...
guylister
First Timer

Ah my mistake. Just realised it was actually turned off... seems to be sorted now!

Hey...
Community Team

Hi guylister, thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted.