cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

Browser Protection and Google Chrome

11 REPLIES
Highlighted
grouser
Philosopher

I too have been having the problem that the poster in

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Home-Safe-Super-Safe-Boost/Browser-Protection-show-reputation-ra...

In as much as IE11,Firefox are working okay with the extension Microsoft Edge which is also installed does not reckonise the app as yet but I rarely use it,it is with chrome the issue is troublesome I install the app/extension go through the "Reinstall Browser Protection" re boot computer as asked find the app/extension enable it and all goes well till I turn of computer or close the browser,then app/extension as gone leaving me to go through the whole process again and again till I give up entirely also the same thing happens on my Lappy...

Community Team

Hi grouser, would you follow these steps for me:

"With regards to your inquiry, we would like to ask for additional information for investigation:

1. Does the issue persists with other browsers such as Firefox or Internet Explorer?

2. What is the version of Google Chrome that is in use?

3. Please create and send an FSDIAG file to us for analysis:

- Click Start> All Programs > (Your F-Secure product) > Support Tool. The Support Tool window is displayed.

- Click OK. The tool starts gathering information. It creates the output file on your desktop."

Once you've run the FSDIAG file please send it to TTRCRSupport@talktalkplc.com   make sure you put your username in the subject bar.

grouser
Philosopher

Duly done ,now awaiting reply..

Community Team

I'm just waiting for your mail to be forwarded to the Fsecure team.

grouser
Philosopher
Cheers Ady
grouser
Philosopher

Anything forth comming on this Ady

Community Team

Hi grouser, I've sent a chaser for you. I'll keep on it until we get a reply.

grouser
Philosopher
Been over a month any news
Community Team

I've not heard anything so I've sent them a chaser. Please don't wait this long to chase me again. Feel free to chase daily.

grouser
Philosopher

If I keep chasing you Ady people might get the wrong impression Smiley FaceIn all seriousness cant beleive that F-secure have taken this long with No feedback to the problem I am having I can't be the only one(Hopefully)

grouser
Philosopher

Hi OCE_Ady.

Thought I would resurect this as I returned back from Holiday 30thSept,and after booting up Compy after 10 days away was informed my Compy was not protected even after installing AV updates went to Supersafe main panel and that was telling me that the browser protection was disabled went on to enable it and allow Compy to reboot itself and opened the Chrome browser and re  enabled the extension from F-Secure and so far 3 days in it as not disappeared as this is what happened previously and compy is protected so fingers crossed it looks as though it as been sorted(Am I going to regret saying that lol) but I never did hear from F-Secure on the file I sent or had any feedback from them whatsoever,so I don't know for sure if it's fixed or not,if you have time could you do a little digging plese to see if anything was at the root of the problem, Regards T

grouser
Philosopher