Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Cant install super safe need help

5 REPLIES 5
swanmark
First Timer

Hi Guys, I am having trouble installing my supersafe, it used to work fine, but I had to wipe my hard drive so now I have to reinstall it. Every time I try to install I get to the install download, and then I get an error message saying, an admin as not allowed the installation of this app. Trouble is I am the only admin on my desktop ?. I have tried stopping all my anti virus and windows defender, but I still cant get past it. Any ideas please

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @swanmark

Did you release the SuperSafe Boost licence for the desktop before trying the new install?

To release a license from the SuperSafe Account:

• Select the device you’d like to release the license from
  • Click Release license
  • Again, click Release license

To add a licence to the SuperSafe Account:

• Choose Add Device
  • The SuperSafe Boost installer will open and the Windows PC option will already be highlighted
  • Choose Continue
    A notification will appear on screen
  • Select Run
  • The software will need permission to make changes on your PC, click Yes
  • Login to SuperSafe Boost using your email address and password
  • Once logged in you’ll need to give your Desktop PC a name
  • Choose Continue
  • Accept the terms and conditions by clicking Accept and install
    Your Desktop PC is now protected, and you can manage your license through your SuperSafe Account
 Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

swanmark
First Timer

When I log into my supersafe account, it shows 1 licence available, it dosent show anything about releasing the licence. but it still being stopped by an administrator which is me. And i have switched of all antivirus and defender.

Gondola
Community Star

...If you just have the one free licence you'll have to release that before being able to reuse it albeit for the same desktop. At the top right of the SuperSafe account it'll tell you how many licences you have available. You need that to say 1/1 i.e. you have one licence out of one available.

If it says 1/1 just click on the Add device and follow the instructions.

swanmark
First Timer

Thats exactly what i have got, and exactly what I have been doing, so where do i go from here ?

Gondola
Community Star

...I cannot see your desktop screen so tell me which bit of the instructions you get to:

To add a licence to the SuperSafe Account:

1. Choose Add Device
  2. The SuperSafe Boost installer will open and the Windows PC option will already be highlighted
  3. Choose Continue
    A notification will appear on screen
  4. Select Run
  5. The software will need permission to make changes on your PC, click Yes
  6. Login to SuperSafe Boost using your email address and password
  7. Once logged in you’ll need to give your Desktop PC a name
  8. Choose Continue
  9. Accept the terms and conditions by clicking Accept and install
    Your Desktop PC is now protected, and you can manage your license through your SuperSafe Account

And take a screenshot of the final step you get to so I can see whether it's Windows or SuperSafe issue. Upload the photo(s) using the photos icon above this post reply window.