Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Gov.uk websites not protected by Bank Protection

6 REPLIES 6
fr8ys
Community Star

Went to pay my road tax today and was surprised that the banking protection did not come on as paying by credit card.

Initially went to www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax and was redirected to pay from there.

Are all gov.uk payment pages not protected? Maybe one to refer to F-Secure to see if they can be added.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
I8this
Super Duper Contributor

Did it take you to this site https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax because that is showing a green locked padlock which means it is safe.

If case you have forgotten the Do’s and Don’ts. There are members that have. Remember:-Be yourself and tell it like it is,. Be courteous to other customers. Give others the benefit of the doubt. Update your community profile.
fr8ys
Community Star

Appreciate that, but as its financial, and other padlocked institutions have banking protection, then feel these potentially should too.

F-Secure have updated their protection on other reported sites in the past.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
Community Team

Hi fr8ys, I don't know what the response will be, but I've passed on the question to Fsecure and will post back their answer for you when I have it. 

Community Team

Hi fr8ys, the team at Fsecure agree with you. They've asked if you can provide the URLs that you've had problems with. Once you do I'll pass them over and they should be protected.

fr8ys
Community Star

This was the one that led to payment - https://vehicletax.service.gov.uk/

I don't know if other .gov sites allow payments but I suspect they do. Sites such as

• the Passport one where you can pre pay and then send your application off
  • tax payments too I suspect.

There must be others too.

Community Team

Thanks I've passed that over, I'd expect them to be included later today.